US Foods Project Manager (Downtown Chicago) in Chicago Metro, Illinois
Food Genius™, a US Foods company, is an award-winning technology and services team that delivers big data and insight solutions to the food industry. Food Genius is made up of people who are passionate about food and technology. We have a culinary driven focus and talent for seeing the patterns behind food data, and understanding what these patterns might mean for diners, restaurants, and the companies serving those consumers. Food Genius employees embrace their culture and core values. The company’s approach to business reflects honesty, integrity and ethics in all situations.Provides project management expertise in developing, implementing and managing assigned projects to meet department and organizational goals and specified deliverables. Applies experience in structured project definition, development and execution to deliver results to the business on time and on budget. Manages one or more releases in a work-stream.
- Hasexperience working with large enterprises AND smaller start-up organizations ANDfeels comfortable in either environment;
- Isa self-starter and can attain goals even when some ambiguity exists;
- “People-person”preferred – we need someone that can form lasting relationships that bear fruitfor all involved. “Win-win” mindset important;
- Hasconsulting experience and a “customer-first” mindset and the energy andwherewithal to overcome obstacles to ensure customer success;
- Create and maintaindevelopment plans, backlogs and deliverables to support the completion of theproject using an Agile methodology. Can translate waterfall to Agile;
- Provide routine and consistent analysis andmeasurement of progress versus project goals, deliverables and metrics;
- Assist in building and maintaining the detailedproject budget and manage budget and resource planning for the life of theproject;
- Structure the planning and implementation of theproject assigned to meet the user needs for training, communication andfunctionality;
- Manage the projectdeployment and pilot plan ensuring that project implementation is carried outin keeping with the project timeline;
- Develop and maintain a record of projectresults, benefits and projected collateral;
- Assists in thedevelopment and negotiation of Statement of Work components with Tier 1 & 2vendors and negotiate and document the UAT exit criteria;
- Assist in developing,maintaining and publishing the change control process, in addition to managingthe defect resolution process, verifying testing requirements and approvingtesting results for Unit, System Test and User Acceptance Test;
- Scheduleand facilitate project stage containment toll gates. Develop and maintain thetraceability matrix and maintaining detailed project notes throughoutimplementation (detailing risks and issues encountered, solutions etc.).
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entitythat submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so withthe understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of USFoods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretionwithout any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employmentagencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on asearch shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon USFoods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible forplacement fees.
- B.S. Degree in business, Engineering or ComputerScience is required, M.S in Engineering Management or M.B.A. preferred - orequivalent work experience. Current employees are grandfathered.
- Minimum 2-3 years IT project managementexperience required;
- Detailed experience in Business Intelligence, Reporting,or Data Warehousing is required;
- Functional experience in operations,purchasing, warehousing, finance, sales, customer management or enterprisereporting preferred. Experience in an Agile project methodology preferred.
- Exceptional verbal,written and presentation skills. Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management. Strongexperience with project scheduling and budgeting;
- Budget tracking, managementand impact analysis around project changes and execution. Proficiency in Jira(or similar cloud-based PM tool) MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Primary Location: Chicago Metro-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Systems Project/Implementation Mgmt
Job Level: Manager