US Foods Retail Store Assistant Manager, CHEF'STORE, Dallas in Dallas, Texas
The Assistant Store Manager contributes to the overall financial performance of the store including product merchandising/stocking, expense control, and achievement of sales and profitability goals. Manages the operations of the front end operations to ensure all purchases are accurately recorded and that all front end employees are well trained in shrink control and customer service. Works closely with Store Manager to execute the Annual Operating Plan and associated programs to deliver the desired sales and profit results. Recruits, trains and develops front end employees and other employees as assigned. The Assistant Store Manager ensures store adherence to all loss prevention procedures and performs Manager-on-duty functions, as well as any other duties or tasks required.
Supervise and coach employees in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers and throughout the store.
Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues, including coaching, verbal and written warnings. Consults with Store Manager and HR on next steps leading to progressive discipline and termination, when needed. Ensures compliance of personnel policies and procedures.
Understand the mechanics of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and how the operations translate into the monthly Profit and Loss (P&L).
Assist in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) budgeting process. Responsible for achievement of budgeted sales and profits and, managing shrinkage with a heavy emphasis on front-end process.
Participate in the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
Responsible for training front end employees and other employees on required programs.
Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that all staff comply with the Companies policies, procedures, store SOPs; ensure that the facility is well maintained and is a safe environment for staff and customers.
Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orienting and training assigned employee group(s).
Provide floor employees with day-to-day direction to include schedules, outlining of store goals and sales and shrinkage targets, and the subsequent results and achievement of goals while performing the Manager-on-duty functions.
Plan in-store demonstrations including preparation and set-up of the demo cart/display, distribution of samples of product as per the merchandising program and insures that demonstrations utilize strong suggestive selling techniques.
Assist in overseeing the receiving of product, return of damaged or expired product and the proper and timely restocking of the shelves.
Responsible for maintaining merchandising programs within the store such as promotional ends, signage, and other company or market specific programs.
Communicate with store employees about all merchandising and marketing programs, assisting in overseeing the execution and respective follow-up reporting.
General operating procedures include:
- Analyze monthly store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall store performance.
- Address any variance to company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the Store Manager as needed.
- Ensure proper scheduling of employee to meet business objectives.
- Ensure all employees understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Accept special assignments as directed by Store Manager.
- Adhere to, communicate, and fully support and enforce all policies, processes, and procedures of the Company.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
A two-year college degree or equivalent work experience required. A degree in Business Management, Supply Chain/Wholesale Management, or Accounting / Finance strongly preferred. Related Experience:
Minimum of four years’ experience in a retail work environment required.
- Must have at least two years of managementand/orsupervisory experience.
- Bilingual skills are a strong plus.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, late evening, holidays and/or weekends.
- Must possess and exhibit competency and proficiency with computer applications and Microsoft programs.
- Must possess strong planning and solid organizational skills.
- Must exhibit the strong desire and ability to deliver superior customer service, and build professional relationships with the client base, maintaining a strong, consistent customer focus.
- Must possess the ability to think quickly and critically, make good, solid business decisions; demonstrate good common sense; and have the ability to think logically.
- Must maintain excellent leadership skills, be highly motivated and self-driven, and possess solid communication and conversational skills and negotiation skills.
- Must maintain the adaptability and the willingness to assist in accomplishing the job every day, ensuring that everything necessary is completed to offer the customer fast, easy and efficient, and professional service.
- Must maintain strong business awareness and an ability to review and interpret financial data.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will need to speak, hear, see, sit, or stand as needed. The incumbent will be required to perform computer keyboarding activities. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The position will also require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting items as required for products, filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. The position requirements will also include lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds for products, files and computer printouts.
Primary Location: Dallas-TX
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Rotating
Job Function: Retail Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time