US Foods Buyer II, Grocery (Q3) in Rosemont, Illinois
The RSC Buyer II utilizes category expertise and vendor specific knowledge to determine procurement and inventory management strategies for multiple warehouse locations. Acts as a subject matter expert and mentor for the buying function, and are an integral member of the team that works on system and process enhancements across functions within the business unit. Assists the Replenishment Senior Manager in executing business recovery plan and makes decisions as needed to ensure a clear line of communication among all stakeholders.
Monitor and independently determine the timing and quantity of items to buy based on a detailed understanding of vendor, category, market, and forecasting indicators. Manages inventory to ensure adequate supply while meeting or exceeding key performance indicators including:
- Customer Order Fill Rates (Service Level)
- Days Inventory on Hand (DIOH)
- Slow and Dead Inventory
- Inbound Cases/Pallet
- Inventory loss minimization (Spoilage)
- Excess and Obsolete Inventory Reserve
- Managed Cases/Freight Income
- Special Order response time
Serves as the point of contact for buying related processes and ownership of E&O, Alert Date, IRP, Logistics order monitoring and LPM.
Negotiate refunds and returns from vendor to compensate for losses incurred with spoiled or dead product.
Assess the financial impact/trade-off of replenishment activities in all decision making and implement cost effective solutions
Acts as a subject matter expert on category buying to ensure consistent and efficient processes are developed and implemented,and is an integral member of system enhancements across functions within the business unit.
Work with multiple departments and positions including Category Management, Logistics, Sales, Operations, Accounting, Marketing, and outside vendors.
Assists with the daily/weekly Market communication (mailbox, division calls) and effectively communicates on inventory requests and concerns that affect Sales.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:Four-year college degree in business, operations, or supply chain management.
Related Experience:Food service industry experience or minimum 4 years purchasing experience preferred.
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making in executing replenishment and inventory management activities;
- Ability to foster vendor relationships while achieving performance objectives;
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism, tact, and persistence.
- Possesses superior analytical skills and communication skills
- Possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious fashion
- Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as Microsoft Outlook. JDA/Manugistics experience preferred.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Logistics
Job Level: Individual Contributor