US Foods Intern - Merchandising - Replenishment (Fresh) in Rosemont, Illinois
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end-of-summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders.
US Foods internships arefull-timepaid positions(40 hours per week from May - August)with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduationdependent on availability and overall performance.
Our Merchandising (Fresh) Replenishment Teamis responsible for buying product and managing inventory efficiently in order to drive incremental benefits that support the broader company. This team utilizes JDA products in order to accomplish its goals of delivering superior service level with sufficient inventory. The Replenishment Team works with our Logistics and Category Management Teams.
The ideal candidate will be immersed in an introductory training program to build their knowledge of foodservice replenishment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interns are responsible for observing the Replenishment Manager.
- The successful candidate will assist with analyzing reports, assessing solutions to daily challenges to replenishment efforts, and supporting a culture of recognition and accountability.
- Review and become knowledgeable onallaspects of inventory management.
- The intern will have the opportunity to learn all four roles (demand planner, category buyer, cost analyst, and expeditor) that support the Replenishment Service Center. Please note: we are not able to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status).
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. For qualified students whose permanent home of record is located outside 50 miles from US Foods Corporate HQ, a stipend will be offered to partially offset housing costs for the summer. # EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s program with a major/concentration in the following academic areas: Economics, Agriculture, Foodservice, Hospitality, Supply Chain, Business Administration or a related discipline degree program
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
- Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
- Working knowledge of V-Lookup and pivot tables in Excel
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, and customer service skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
With direct supervision and oversight,the internposition provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career, gain business knowledge and practical application of a specific function within the food distribution industry.
Job requires worker to:
Job requires worker to lift:
50-100 lbs. (Heavy)0%
Job requires worker to carry:
25-50 lbs. (Medium)0%
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Office/Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor