US Foods INTERN- Purchasing- Indirect Procurement in Rosemont, Illinois
With direct supervision and oversight this position provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career and gain business knowledge and practical application of a specific function within the food distribution industry.
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in areal-worldbusiness environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end-of-summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders.
US Foods internships arefull-timepaid positions(40 hours per week from May - August)with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduationdependent on availability and overall performance.
US foods is seeking an Indirect Procurement Intern to join their team!
This is an exciting opportunity that has exposure to almost every function of US Foods. This person will be responsible for researching suppliers, categories and other information, summarizing findings and assisting with ideas on how to help drive and reduce costs for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist in contacting suppliers, various internal departmentsand facilities (Merchandising, Operations, Distribution Centers,Supply Chain,etc.) to establish specificationsand baselinesfor items to be bid.
- Contact suppliers to validate their ability to provide items and services toUS Foods. This process requires an evaluation of supplier finances,supportresources, production capacity, distribution capabilities, etc.
- Assist in preparing Requests for Information (RFI's) and Requests for Pricing (RFP's) from suppliers. Assist in performing e-sourcing bidding and develop an understanding of the various formats.
- Collaborate with theIndirect Procurement Directorsand/orIndirect Procurement Managersin analyzing supplier bids and pricing results to determine the winning supplier.
- Assist in the implementation of necessary changes in supply source or the supply chain based upon bid results.
- Assist in awarding business, executing contracts and other supply transition activities.
Please note: we are not able to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status).
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. For qualified students whose permanent home of record is located outside 50 miles from US Foods Corporate HQ, a stipend will be offered to partially offset housing costs for the summer.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the fields of Business, Procurement, or Supply Chain.
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
- Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
- Expert knowledge in Excel (Pivot Tables, V Lookup), PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location
- Intermediate skills in Access are a bonus
- Position requires self-starters who are highly motivated, have excellent communication/interpersonal skills and a professional image will be an asset to the team
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, attention to details and ability to manage several projects at once
- Demonstrated examples of using an analytical approach to problem solving
- Sharp business acumen
- Sharp analytical and judgement skills
- Leadership experience outside of the classroom
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Clear communicator with self-confidence
- Financial understanding is a plus
- Clear communicator with self-confidence
Standard Office EnvironmentJob requires worker to:Sit 0%Stand 0% Walk 0%Drive 0%Job requires worker to lift:50-100 lbs. (Heavy) 0%Job requires worker to carry:25-50 lbs. (Medium) 0%
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Office/Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor