US Foods Quality Assurance Lead in Rosemont, Illinois
The primary purpose of this position is to improve the quality of software produced for the Supply Chain and Business Intelligence Programs at US Foodservice. The Testing Lead will work with QA manager and project / release team to define the individual project testing plans and will coordinate the work of the testing teams following company guidelines, best practices and utilizing accepted tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focus on Quality Assurance Testing of Supply Chain and Business Intelligence applications;
- Ensure that Quality Assurance process are in place - that balances cost and risks;
- Report overall QA status to QA Manger and Project Team;
- Manage all assigned projects;
- Manage QA risks and issues associated with all projects within the program and escalate to leadership;
- Enforce testing tools which speed up testing and reporting;
- Delivers the use of Traceability Matrix;
- Manage on boarding activities for QA Analysts;
- Manage system requests for onsite/offshore QA resources;
- Ensure QA team is following Agile Standards, as well as Waterfall and Dev Ops when applicable;
- Actively participate in all required Agile and project related meetings;
- Create program level Test Strategy and Test Plan;
- Review project features/user stories/Acceptance criteria/design updates and help team to identify high level test scenarios;
- Coordinate peer reviews for all Testing Deliverables;
- Consolidates test results across testers and presents them to project management;
- Enforce HPQC/Jira/Zephyr standards for all projects within the program;
- Coordinate program level testing status calls and defect triage meetings;
- Provide UAT support for the project team;
- Conduct team meetings/1-1 Meetings with all QA members;
- Mentor junior members of the team.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entitythat submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so withthe understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of USFoods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretionwithout any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employmentagencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on asearch shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon USFoods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible forplacement fees.
- B.A. / B.S. preferred;
- Minimum of 7 years of overall experience intesting and quality assurance required;
- Minimum 2 years of QA Lead experience required;
- Quality Assurance certification – preferred.
- Demonstrated experiencewith HP Quality Center, Jira, Zephyr, or similar QA suite;
- Strong background intesting Supply Chain and Business Intelligence/Reporting applications;
- Prior experience withTandem, PRISM/IBM/Mainframe, Oracle, Amazon Web Services;
- Prior experience withdata access tools such as SQL or data profiling tools;
- Prior technicalexperience with multiple platforms such as UNIX, Oracle, HP Tandem NonStop andIBM Mainframe a plus;
- Prior experience inautomated testing practices and tools – Selenium, QTP/UFT, or other similartools;
- Prior experience workingwith development and testing teams in both onshore and offshore locations;
- Ability to work andcommunicate effectively with all levels of management;
- Excellent written,verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability todevelop and implement QA processes, and developing and leading software QAprograms and teams;
- Mentor and assist otherQA / testing resources.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Systems Testing
Job Level: Individual Contributor