US Foods DevOps Engineer - Lead in Tempe, Arizona
The position provides hands-on technical design, implementation and support for middleware technologies in a cross platform enterprise environment. Through normal operations, the position interacts with business groups, management, architects and peer technology groups to enable business objectives.
- Strong background in Linux/Windows Administration
- In-Depth Experience with Application Server Administration using Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- In-Depth Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- In-Depth Experience with Software build and deployment methodologies using tools like SVN, Git, Maven, ANT, Bamboo and Archiva
- Strong understanding of code and scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, and/or Powershell)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Assist in the Design of solutions that manage application software through the development life cycle
- Lead the implementation and support of automation and services to facilitate rapid application deployment
- Deploy and support applications in a high volume and high-availability environment.
- Install and configure both standard and new technologies for Continuous Integration and Middleware services
- Provide guidance in architecture, design and application of industry standards in the implementation of innovative US Foods continuous integration solutions
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, operating systems, applications and hardware platforms
- Reviews complex enterprise integration architectures for other US Foods IT teams and makes recommendations
- Recommends standards, guidelines and best practices
- Works and communicates effectively with all areas of IT
- Leads DevOps Teams and acts as the escalation point for DevOps and Support activities.
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, solution architects, and QA testers in an Agile environment.
- Mentor less experienced members of the DevOps team.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
·High School Diploma or equivalent is required
·BS Degree preferred
·Five years in Related IT Field is required
·Prior Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
·Prior Experience with Administration through Configuration Management and Automation
·Expert knowledge and experience of the domains and the business processes being supported
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Development / Programming
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time