US Foods Store Sales Rep - Stocker and Cashier Worker in Altoona, Pennsylvania
The Stores Sales Rep position is a retail sales position where there is interaction with customers in the check-out area as well as stocking and rotating of merchandise.
This job involves work in the Altoona, PA Cash & Carry Outlet store, and duties include unloading of delivery trucks,
stocking shelves, and handling customer check-out, with responsibilities as follows:
- Receive merchandise, break down master cases, and stock shelves and coolers; price items for sale
- Involves frequent lifting of product cases, dry, cooler and frozen, between 10 and 80 lbs.
- Involves occasional use of hand jack
- Push and pull carts of merchandise off delivery trailers and pallets
- Sweep and mop floors; participate in general clean up
- Clean rest room and common area
- Assist with check-out counter and other store functions when covering breaks, vacation, etc.
- Other duties required
This job required a work schedule that involves the following times:
Tuesday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. with a 1/2 hour lunch break Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Position requires the ability to lift, push, pull frequently; 10 - 80 lbs. regularly, some heavier items occasionally
- Basic computer skills (add/subtract, multiply/divide, percentages, and mark-ups)
- Able to read and write legibly
- Able to operate a cash register and correctly make change for customers on cash sales
- Great customer service skills, including professional and courteous communication skills and ability to handle customer problems.
Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time: OCCASIONALLY: 1% - 33% FREQUENTLY: 34% - 66% CONTINUOUSLY: 67% - 100% Never: 0% JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO: SIT: Occasionally STAND: Continuously WALK: Occasionally JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT: 1-10 lbs. (Sedentary): Occasionally 10-20Ibs (Light): Frequently 25-50Ibs (Medium): Frequently 50-100Ibs (Heavy): Frequently Over 100Ibs (Very Heavy): Never JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY: 1-10 lbs. (Sedentary):Occasionally 10-20 lbs. (Light): Occasionally 25-50 lbs. (Medium): Occasionally 50-100 lbs. (Heavy): Occasionally Over 100 lbs. (Very Heavy): Never JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO: Push/pull: Frequently Step/Climb/balance: Frequently Stoop/squat: Frequently Kneel: Frequently Bend: Frequently Reach above shoulder: Occasionally Grasp objects: Continuously Manipulate objects: Frequently Reach/Turn: Frequently
Primary Location: Altoona-PA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Retail Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor