US Foods Van Driver - Buda, TX in Austin, Texas
The VAN DRIVER is a delivery position responsible for driving a company vehicle to assigned stops and delivering foodservice products with a high level of service to customers.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lift up to 60 lbs. on consistent basis.
- Load and unload Van for multi-stop deliveries.
- Transport deliveries by driving assigned vehicles.
- Use hand truck and load bar.
- Accurately record delivery information includingoperating a hand scannerand all company required documentation.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and disposition for any return product.
- Communicate delivery- customer issues to proper authority (i.e., Customer Service, Territory Manager, Transportation Supervisor, etc.).
- Deliver product to each of the designated stops on using the stop sequence provided for the day.
- Unload product safely and stage product in the space(s) designated by customer.
- Check invoice for complete delivery. Process paperwork and damaged merchandise if any.
- Collect payments if necessary.
- Monitor refrigeration system on van on a consistent basis for safety; follow all safe food handling procedures
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections such as monitoring fluid levels, tires, windshield wash and replenishing fuel.
- Other duties as assigned.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Valid driver’s license issued by the state of legal residence with proper endorsements if required. No more than 2 convictions in the past two year period for traffic violations, no DUI convictions in the past 3 years, no driver’s license suspensions in the past 3 years.
1 year multi-stop delivery experience required or 6 month local delivery experience and/or foodservice industry experience.
Hand cart delivery experience preferred.
Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
Must pass pre-employment testing (including items such as Drug Screen & Background Check)
Have knowledge of area and/or map reading abilities.
Use safe lifting and loading techniques
Great interpersonal/customer service skills
Availability to work on weekends and Holidays
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 60 lbs. of material on consistent basis, repetitive motions. The work is performed primarily outdoors.
Primary Location: Austin-TX
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Delivery
Job Level: Individual Contributor