US Foods Supervisor Transportation in Birmingham, Alabama
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the administration of daily outbound shipments to customers and other distribution centers within the organization. Must ensure a safe and secure working environment and operate in a profitable manner.
Directs and supervises the work and productivity of drivers and clerical associates within the transportation department.
Ensures all drivers and other transportation department associates are appropriately trained in job duties as well as safety and legal responsibilities.
Anticipates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems with deliveries and devises cost-effective and legal solutions; and acts to implement same.
Schedules drivers for routes based on division devised methodology.
Conducts routine Safety and Driver Meetings.
Create an atmosphere in which upward communication is encouraged and motivate associates to achieve department goals and objectives
Ensure maintenance of driver qualification files.
Investigates all accidents, maintains an accident file, tracks causes and takes appropriate preventative action.
Other duties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 4years transportation/delivery experience required
- 1 year of experience managing a hourly workforce required
- Ability to openly and effectively communicate with all associates.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, and tools used to perform the job.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Must know/have ability to learn MSDS information regarding all material used within the scope of the work.
- Understand and interpret DOT and other state and federal regulations.
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:1. SIT Occasionally to Frequently on Driver Assessment days 2. STAND Occasionally3. WALK Occasionally4. DRIVEOccasionallyJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:1. 1-10 lbs (Sedentary)Occasionally2. 10-20 lbs (Light)Occasionally3. 25-50 lbs (Medium)Rarely4. 50-100 lbs (Heavy)Rarely Max 80 pounds5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:1. 1-10 lbs (Sedentary)Occasionally2. 10-20 lbs (Light)Occasionally3. 25-50 lbs (Medium)Rarely4. 50-100 lbs (Heavy)Rarely Max 80 pounds5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy)NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:1. Push/pull OccasionallyItem: Hand Truck, Dolly, Product, mouse2. Climb/balanceOccasionallyItem: In/Out Trucks3. Stoop/squatOccasionally4. Kneel/bendOccasionally5. BendOccasionally6. Reach above shoulderOccasionally7. Grasp objectsFrequentlyType: pens, paper, mouse, boxes, hand truck handle/control, dolly handle, steering wheel 8. Manipulate objects Paper file
Primary Location: Birmingham-AL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Transportation
Job Level: Manager