US Foods Production Worker in Charlotte Metro, North Carolina
Prepare and pack meat products to achieve production demands. Must adhere to USDA Safety and Sanitation Regulations and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a fast paced environment preparing meat products to feed lines and/or prepare for the next stage of processing
- Effectively utilize tools, processes, and materials to process and package meat products within planned schedules
- Follow all Food Safety requirements and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Perform visual inspection of meat products to meet certain specifications
- Meet company standards and customer specifications
- Assist in cleanliness of general work area
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Must be able to work continually in a refrigerated environment 35°F- 45°F. Must be able to work for periods of time in a freezer environment -10°F to 10°F with company provided apparel. May require overtime with or without notice. Finish time is when work is completed.
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Basic Reading, Writing and Math skills
- Minimum one year production and/or warehouse experience required.
- Minimum one year experience in a food processing/manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum one year experience in food production or food warehouse environment preferred.
- Able to work overtime as needed
Complete miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
- Perform various roles including activities such as product receiving and selection, packaging, sorting, reboxing, marination, further processing and facility sanitation while adhering to company manufacturing requirements and safety regulations.
- Ability to lift 10lbs. - 50lbs. frequently
Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time:OCCASIONALLY: 1% - 33% FREQUENTLY: 34% - 66% CONTINUOUSLY: 67% - 100% Never: 0%JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:SIT: OccasionallySTAND: ContinuouslyWALK: OccasionallyDRIVE: ContinuouslyJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:1-10lbs: Occasionally10-20lbs: Frequently25-50lbs: Frequently50-100lbs: FrequentlyOver 100lbs: NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:1-10 lbs.: Occasionally10-20 lbs.: Occasionally25-50 lbs.: Occasionally50-100 lbs.: OccasionallyOver 100 lbs.: NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:Push/pull: Frequently Step/Climb/balance: Frequently Stoop/squat:FrequentlyKneel: FrequentlyBend: FrequentlyReach above shoulder: OccasionallyGrasp objects: ContinuouslyManipulate objects: FrequentlyReach/Turn: Frequently
Primary Location: Charlotte Metro-NC
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Packaging
Job Level: Individual Contributor