US Foods Warehouse Selector, Night in Charlotte Metro, North Carolina
The selector position is a labor-intensive material handling position requiring product selection from numbered pick locations. Products must then be properly stacked, shrink wrapped, and delivered to the proper loading dock to ensure safe and efficient loading and unloading of order products. Strength, endurance and the ability to work in extreme temperature conditions is required to safely and successfully perform the job. The work takes place in normal warehouse environments as well as in cooler and freezer areas where temperatures may be as low as -5 degrees.This is a night shift position; Sunday through Thursday (which may include holidays). Work may also be required on Fridays and weekends. Finish time (when work is completed) varies and may require overtime with or without notice.
To watch a realistic preview of the US Foods' Selector job please click here . You will be redirected to the US Foods' Career page.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all pre-shift duties including safety check of all equipment.
- Selects customer grocery orders from pick slots using pick lists of assorted items to build orders according to driver stops at customer locations. Involves operating a pallet jack while using Voxware Voice Logistics Software, moving products from racks to pallet and labeling the selected cases with the order labels. Validates that correct product has been selected and is damage free.
- Notifies Stocker of empty or short slots for replenishment. Delivers built pallets of correct merchandise to correct dock area and shrink wraps palletized orders.
- Works in multi-temperature areas as assigned. Meets weekly standards for productivity and accuracy while working in a safe manner.
- Performs various post-shift duties that could include: clearing aisles of all debris, returning pallet jack to charging area and hooking it up for battery charging, removing empty pallets from slots and stacking in aisle, cleaning up any spills and moving damaged product to recoup area and completing any related paperwork.
- Attends all required company meetings and adheres to all safety practices and company policies. Must satisfactorily complete all company mandated trainings and assessments.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School Education or GED preferred.
- Prefer one year recent experience in highly physical, labor intensive occupation (ex.: construction, farm worker, roofing, freight handler with FedEx, UPS or USPS, trash collection with Waste Mgmt, etc.) Six months comparable warehouse experience; six months experience with warehouse material handling equipment (electric pallet jack or high low) and six months experience working with manual order selection/order filling systems, (i.e. Red Prairie, Voice Directed Picking Software).
- Must be able to read alpha and numeric codes from pick sheets and slots. Must be team oriented and able to get along with others.
Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time:OCCASIONALLY: 1% - 33% FREQUENTLY: 34% - 66% CONTINUOUSLY: 67% - 100% Never: 0%JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:SIT: OccasionallySTAND: ContinuouslyWALK: OccasionallyDRIVE: ContinuouslyJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:1-10lbs: Occasionally10-20lbs: Frequently25-50lbs: Frequently50-100lbs: FrequentlyOver 100lbs: NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:1-10 lbs:Occasionally10-20 lbs: Occasionally25-50 lbs: Occasionally50-100 lbs: OccasionallyOver 100 lbs: NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:Push/pull: Frequently Step/Climb/balance: Frequently Stoop/squat:FrequentlyKneel: FrequentlyBend: FrequentlyReach above shoulder: OccasionallyGrasp objects: ContinuouslyManipulate objects: FrequentlyReach/Turn: Frequently
Primary Location: Charlotte Metro-NC
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Night Job
Job Function: Shipping
Job Level: Individual Contributor