US Foods Warehouse Selector in Charlotte Metro, North Carolina
The selector position is a material handling, labor intensive job in which exceptional customer service is provided by processing customer orders and handling product in the Culinary Equipment & Supplies Distribution Center in a safe and efficient manner.
US Foods culinary Equipment & Supplies is currently seeking a Warehouse Selector at the Charlotte, North Carolina location.
Develop and maintain an appropriate level of understanding of distribution center operations. Ensure that all work is performed with a consistent sense of efficiency and urgency while ensuring quality. Work in compliance with system procedures, safety, labor management and warehouse management systems.
- Process work orders in the distribution center by manually selecting the correct products to build customer orders using RF device. This will include moving product by hand, pick cart, forklift or riding a pallet jack.
- Verify and audit merchandise in data terminal of warehouse management system.
- Validate that correct product has been selected and is damage free.
- Responsible for unloading and loading of trailers as well as stocking of incoming merchandise.
- May be responsible for identifying and palletizing merchandise to allow for stocking in distribution center, replenishment and put away of product as well as any returned merchandise.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, report any damages, resolve problems with manager assistance, perform various clean up duties, and maintain an acceptable level of attendance based on the attendance policy.
- Finish time is when work is completed and could require overtime with or without notice.
- Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
- Must satisfactorily complete all company mandated trainings and assessments.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Related Experience/Requirements:Familiarity with material and supplies handling is required. Prefer experience in warehousing, mail or shipping operations. Prefer one-year forklift experience. The incumbent must be certified to operate Forklift and other Warehouse Operations power equipment as defined by OSHA rules and regulations.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:The position requires a high level of ability to process information accurately.Able to read and write legibly; basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide); good verbal communication skills; Must be team oriented and able to get along with others.In addition the position requires a high level of ability to use WMS applications.
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:1. SIT Occasionally2. STAND Continuously3. WALK Occasionally4. DRIVEContinuouslyJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:1. 1-10 lbs (Sedentary)Occasionally2. 10-20 lbs (Light)Frequently3. 25-50 lbs (Medium)Frequently4. 50-100 lbs (Heavy)Frequently - max 80 lbs5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:1. 1-10 lbs (Sedentary)Occasionally2. 10-20 lbs (Light) Occasionally3. 25-50 lbs (Medium)Occasionally4. 50-100 lbs (Heavy)Occasionally – max 80 lb 5. Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy)NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:1. Push/pull FrequentlyItem: 2. Climb/balanceFrequentlyItem: 3. Stoop/squatFrequently4. Kneel/bendFrequently5. BendFrequently6. Reach above shoulderOccasionally7. Grasp objectsContinuouslyType: 8. Manipulate objects Frequentlytype: 9. Twisting FrequentlyReach above shoulder: OccasionallyGrasp objects: ContinuouslyManipulate objects: FrequentlyTwisting: Frequently
Primary Location: Charlotte Metro-NC
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Receiving
Job Level: Individual Contributor