US Foods Area Human Resource Business Partner in Columbia, South Carolina
Leads human resources practices and initiatives across the Area hub and market distribution centers (DCs) driving a high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment, recruitment and ongoing development of employees. Oversees human resources activities of the Area’s employee relations matters including company values and culture, employee/management advocacy, talent assessment, recruitment and selection. Accountable for maintaining and impacting human resources metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead multi-site Area HR function including coverage of the Area hub and virtual leadership of HR staff in the market distribution centers (HR Coordinators / Generalists).
Coordinate and consistently execute HR initiatives across the Area.
Provide leadership, direction, and partnership to the management team. Establish and maintain partnerships with all staff through effective counsel on HR and other Area matters.
Maintain a positive work environment, conducting pro-active employee relations activities such as holding regular roundtables and structured feedback sessions.
Identify and monitor theArea’s cultureso that it supports the attainment of the company's goals/key results and promotes employee satisfaction. This includes a specific focus on maintaining the target culture in DCs where the HR presence is limited to an HR Coordinator. Manage employee survey results and cultural development to implement targeted action plans and partner with Area leadership aimed at optimizing employee morale, engagement and teamwork.
Identify and apply recruiting strategies to ensure a timely response to filling open positions. Collaborate with Regional HR Business Partner and Area Leadership to close talent gaps and improve recruitment, leadership development, and retention plans that meet business goals. Support outreach efforts by developing quality relationships with multiple sources.
Provide counsel to managers and employees regarding on-the-job and formal training opportunities to aide in their development. Assist in preparing Individual Development Plans and facilitate the performance management process.
Interact with functional leaders and employees to gain a first-hand feel for their daily responsibilities and challenges. Form solid working relationships with the functional leaders, based on thorough knowledge of the business and HR procedures.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the business and culture. This will require a presence on multiple shifts and / or ride-a-longs in the field with drivers and sales department employees on a regular basis.
Partner with Legal to reduce legal risk, ensure regulatory and Code of Conduct compliance, and encourage a culture of accountability and speaking up.
Other duties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience required; professional HR certification desirable.
- Minimum five years human resources experience with at least three in a professional (i.e. non-administrative) role.
- Experience consulting and advising a large management team.
- Prior experience working in a collective bargaining environment preferred (for Areas with a collective bargaining environment).
- Strong understanding of legislation concerning employment (e.g. ADA, FMLA, OSHA, FLSA, Title VII).
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a Federal Contractor environment preferred.
- Ideal candidate has experience that includes collaboration in a functional matrixed environment and virtual leadership across multiple sites.
- Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
- Sense of urgency in addressing organizational/individual needs.
- Ability to make timely and informed decisions and understands when to escalate issues. Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven success in building and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with all levels of staff, and a demonstrated ability to impact and influence all levels of management.
- Ability to navigate an organization through change, and influence employee engagement and morale.
- Experience working with such resources as PeopleSoft, Success Factors, and TALEO (or similar HR systems) preferred.
- Presentation and leadership skills required.
MOS Code: HR Technician, Specialist or Officer
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Columbia-SC
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Human Resources
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time