US Foods Category Operations Manager in Denver, Colorado
Support and execute the implementation of US Foods division category strategy across the defined Area. Execute recommended assortment changes and support positive local vendor relationships for all DCs within the defined Area. Support Area and DC sales staff with product assortment updates, informational inquiries and delivery of merchandising goals for all DCs within that Area. Support all local customer requirements within the defined Area keeping in line with the national strategies coming from the Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop implementation plan for category strategy customized for multiple Distribution Centers. Ensure implementation is in alignment with overall US Foods category strategy and goals and defined Area needs.
Review assigned Area product assortment and gauge product penetration, noting slow or dead SKUs as well as growth opportunities. Responsible for profitable sales growth within assigned categories for their Area. Request exception SKUs, as needed, to finalize Area assortment, determine DWOs, and create conversion plans. Ensure Area product assortment is in alignment with US Foods category strategy and work to reduce SKU duplication. Ensure all local customer needs are met and are aligned with the national strategies.
Maintain lead role in consistently gathering local market data for multiple DCs in assigned Area (including trends) through feedback and intelligence from culinary team, sales staff, and vendor partners. Report new product opportunities and provide data on competitors. Finalize Area assortment and core complement and exception SKUs.
Facilitate product training and new product introductions, with DSS, Specialists and sales staff. Ensure product/brand message is in alignment with overall USF strategy. Work closely with the culinary team, conducting planning meetings to identify accounts and categories and their potential opportunities.
Support and facilitate all FSQA inquiries for the assigned Area through appropriate procedures and work closely with the Region team on any national or regional vendor issues. Support major Area-specific account bids through thorough analysis, coordinate customer on-boarding, and keep sales staff informed of ongoing category strategy.
Other duties assigned by manager.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Four year college degree in business or related field, or equivalent field experience required.
Related Experience :
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years category management experience
- Project management experience preferred, ideally this experience will derive from the food service or food manufacturing industries.
- Must possess the ability to operate successfully within a matrix organization, working effectively with multiple groups.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, drive organizational transformations and support change management within the organization.
- Must be able to provide fact-based recommendations across a variety of management levels resulting in buy-in and improvement in category performance.
- Must be self-directed and highly motivated, possessing a strong business acumen.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Excel required; working knowledge of PowerPoint is required working knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus.
MOS Code: Culinary Specialist
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Denver-CO
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Category Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time