US Foods Food Fanatic Chef in Garland, Texas
The Food Fanatics Chef partners with area leadership, sales and support teams to build value and grow customer relationships and affects profitable sales growth. They achieve this by serving as consultants and culinary experts to drive customer business success; lead product and sales training as appropriate, drive engagement and participation in strategic growth initiatives and share the knowledge gained through the Food Fanatics program, events and team of chefs to benefit the area.
Drive key customer business success by consulting with the customer on all aspects ofrestaurant operations by using on-site visits, customer data analysis and establishedindustry standards. Use culinary and operations expertise to provide recommendationsfor improvement.
Develop kitchen/operations assessment for customers; utilize other members of the SalesSupport Team to build action plans to address short and long-term opportunities from thefront of the house and back of the house. Deliver conclusions that assist the customer inachieving business goals.
Increase and maintain sales growth for the division in the top IR customers as determined by division sales leadership, through customer interaction in the form of onsite operations assessments and consultation, and customized culinary presentations in the division test kitchen.
Lead all culinary training at the division in support of selected Strategic Growth Initiatives; Facilitate district and general sales meeting breakouts when culinary expertise is vital to maximizing the impact to the sales team success.
Conduct recipe research and development utilizing MPP and other tools to promote division targeted products, particularly focusing on Exclusive Brands; work in conjunction with the Region Product Sales Trainers to provide culinary input and advice; assess and evaluate new products and develop materials to increase TM and customer awareness of such products.
Collaborate with product and category specialists in developing sales and training materials and identifying culinary trends that will grow and support a Food Culture at the division.
Support the Food Fanatics program by participating in FF Live events, national culinary events and Sponsor the Movement initiative. Collaborate with Food Fanatics Chef across the enterprise by sharing best practices and identifying regional trends that can be brought to bear in their local market.
Utilize social media and live and print media to increase the recognition and reach of the Food Fanatics Brand; Develop strategies to better utilize social media tools to drive business success for the customer as well as enhance US Foods presence in the local market.
Lead the culinary vision and collaborate in planning and execution at sales meetings and other division events with a focus on creating a food driven culture. Create complex and dynamic presentations and/or activities that bring this culture to life within the division.
Other duties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Memberships in local and national culinary organizations a plus.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience including a comprehensive culinary background.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of culinary, foodservice and hospitality fundamentals and will possess a marked passion for the culinary arts and foodservice industry.
- The candidate will be able to assert an expert level of product knowledge/technique as well as product applications – successfully communicating/demonstrating that knowledge across multiple formats, including; Direct customer consultation, social media avenues, live television and media appearances and presenting impactful material to large audiences (often numbering in the thousands).
- Prior sales or sales support experience a plus.
- Must possess prior experience in the design and facilitation of training programs to large and varied audiences, with the aim of; driving innovation and sales strategies across their assigned area of influence and effectively driving the USF brand throughout the marketplace.
- Candidates must possess a high degree of written and verbal communication skills and be able to tailor messages and delivery in “the right way” to the “right audience.”
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete a comprehensive training/on-boarding certification program upon hire.
- The successful candidate will possess refined organizational and project management skills and be able to effectively assert their leadership abilities in the planning and execution of high visibility, high impact events (Food Fanatics Live) and communication campaigns -which have a significant impact on the influence of our brands and organization within the marketplace.
MOS Code:Culinary Specialist
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Check out some of our Food Fanatics in action on ourYouTube Channel!
Primary Location: Garland-TX
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Chef
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time