US Foods Delivery Driver - Indianapolis in Greater Indianapolis, Indiana
At US Foods® we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a CDL A Delivery Driver, you will have an impact on our customers by delivering our meats, produce, frozen goods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies to their drop-off sites.
To watch a realistic preview of the US Foods' Delivery Driver job please click here . You will be redirected to the US Foods' Careers page.
Why US Foods?
Our Customers' success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods, we workto exceed expectations and give our customers the competitive edge they need. At the foundation of those efforts areour cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborativespirit and commitment to service.
At US Foods®, we are committed to compensation and benefits that respectand reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. If you join ourteam, we provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career.
Main Ingredients of the Job
- Driveto and deliver customer orders to meet scheduled customer times and maintainadequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules.
- Unloadproducts from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place items indesignated customer storage area.
- Verifydelivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Collectmoney (cash or checks) where required.
- Heavycustomer service- customer interaction.
Willingand able to:
Performrepeated, manual heavy lifting of items up to 80 pounds or more.
- Makefrequent stops during the course of a work shift.
- Driveand work in inclement weather conditions.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/NationalOrigin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
What You Bring to the Table
- Mustbe at least 21 years of age.
- Musthave valid CDL A issued by the state of legal residence with necessaryendorsements and DOT qualified.
- Minimumsix months commercial driving experience or three months of foodservice or foodand beverage delivery experience required.
- Abilityto operate manual transmission preferred.
Clickto learn more about the role andapply today or visit our career page to learnmore about working at US Foods.
MOS CODE: Motor Transport Operator, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Greater Indianapolis-IN
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Delivery
Job Level: Individual Contributor