US Foods Operations Coordinator in Iowa City, Iowa
The Operations Coordinator oversees the day-to-day aspects of running the receiving office while providing analytical support for warehouse operations. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
Oversee the dock schedule
- Prepare receiving paperwork
- Update PO receipts and clear by day-end
- Process shorts and damage
Slotting and Layout
Identify slotting requirements for new items
- Analyze the existing items and recommend adjustments to item locations and/or warehouse layout to achieve warehouse goals
Eliminate dead items from existing pick slot
System and Data Maintenance
Maintain the dock scheduling system
- Research and resolve item set up issues related to operations (ti and hi, handling requirements, etc.)
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- 3 to 5 years experience in warehousing required; preferably within a multi- temperature food distribution facility
- Experience in multiple aspects of warehouse operations, (i.e., selection, forklift operation, receiving, etc.); preferably, performing higher level tasks such as slot optimization and analytical reporting.
- A reasonable command of the English language with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff.
- Understanding of the concepts and best practices in a foodservice distribution warehouse operation.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to effectively prioritize assignments, meet daily deadlines and follow up to achieve resolution within a specified time frame.
- Proficiency in use of a personal computer and the ability to leverage common office automation tools to generate correspondence, create and manipulate spreadsheets, and perform other tasks.
- Ability to leverage common office automation tools to generate correspondence, create and manipulate spreadsheets, and perform other routine tasks.
- Flexibility to work weekends and other shifts, as needed.
- Ability to receive on Sundays as needed.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent plus at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a distribution center environment.
- May be subject to various degrees of temperature changes.
- Must be able to remain standing and/or walking for a minimum of eight hours per day, five days per week.
- Must be able to walk on non-forgiving surfaces such as concrete, wood, metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet surfaces.
- Must be able to bend, twist, climb, and move about easily in small places.
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling and pushing of products with or without the aid of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to frequently reach for and lift products at waist level, above shoulder height, or below waist level.
- Must have ability to operate MHE to perform job function.
- Work with maintenance on racking projects.
Primary Location: Iowa City-IA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Warehouse
Job Level: Individual Contributor