US Foods Area Director of Sales Support in Jackson, Mississippi
Fulfills a strategic role within the Sales organization to identify and prioritize the largest sales opportunities and allocate sales tools and resources (people and programs) against the highest penetration, retention and growth opportunities across multiple sites within the Area.
Works with Local and Regional VP, Sales (VPS) to manage the process ofidentifying account level penetration opportunities and prioritize leadgeneration opportunities. The key objective is to growsales and profitability through continual focus on increased penetration,reduced account churn, Exclusive Brand (EB) conversion, migration to dot.comand identifying opportunities to reduce cost to serve.
Working with the VPS, District Sales Manager (DSM) and Vice President ofMerchandising and Marketing, allocates sales support and Specialist resourcesagainst highest growth opportunities, retention and penetration then tracksresults in Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) Customer Relations Management. Worksclosely with the VP of Merchandising and Marketing and Regional CategoryManager (RCM) to understand and support Category Management initiatives. Deploys the Specialiststo the highest level potential growth and retention opportunities within the Areaand tracks the effectiveness after the visit.
Collaborates with salesleadership on the DSMs Work With process by identifying specific salesopportunities and actions for the TM’s. Monitors and reviews activity andcoaching notes to assure the development of the Area sales team into a worldclass Sales team. Assures consistent, positive customer experience throughimplementation of the Service Model.
Defines, tracks andsupports the migration process to US Foods Online. Utilizes the PredictiveAnalytics Retention process to support the Area to identify customers at risk. Creates,tracks and implements a retention strategy enlisting TM, DSM and salesleadership engagement.
Collaborates on currentstrategic initiatives with Area leadership and helps to define the Areastrategy on these initiatives through the Resource Prioritization Meeting (RPM).Additionally, the DSS provides results of allongoing initiatives.
Leads and manages the Area sales support team, including participation inrecruitingto ensure that the team is staffed with the talent and expertise to support TMs.Works with the VP of Merchandisingand Marketing to identify coaching needs to improve the skill sets of the salessupport team members. Works in the field with the sales support team to developsales skills and customer presentation skills.
Supports the VP, Sales,in the process of creating and amending AOP.Assists in goal setting for key roles as it relates to AOP planningprocess, including promotion tracking and communication, and negotiatingprograms with customers in conjunction with the DSMs.
Conducts annualperformance reviews with team members, soliciting input from the VP, Sales and theRSMs to accurately assess performance. Provide feedback to the VP of Merchandising and Marketing and collaborates withthem regarding performance of Specialists. Holds regular Specialist BusinessReviews (SBR) to develop the specialist team.
Oversees tracking of key metrics associated with sales processes andgrowth initiatives and maintain focus on all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)including net account growth, USFoods Online utilization penetration and churn.
Otherduties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/GenderIdentity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’sDegree or equivalent work experience required
- Supervisory/Management experience required
- Professionalexperience in Sales or Restaurant Operations/General Management.
- Overnighttravel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other companyevents.
- Proven experience and effectiveness in leading andmanaging others required.
- Strong, solid understanding of sales processes isrequired.
- Strong influencing skills
- Must be able to provide direction to people who do nothave a direct reporting relationship and influence people across severaldepartments.
- Ideal candidate has experience that includescollaboration in a functional matrixed environment and virtual leadershipacross multiple sites.
- Strong analytical capabilities and a natural curiosityfor connecting data to the operation to improve sales and drive profit growththough analytical insight.
- Self-Starter with a Strategic Thinking mindset.
- Must be able to utilize data to develop ideas and deployresources to drive results.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonalskills, as well as strong organization and prioritization skills and the abilityto work independently.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs Word,Excel, PowerPoint, is required.
- An advanced knowledge of excel is preferred.
- Knowledge of Merlin, Discoverer and Salesforce.com ispreferred.
Primary Location: Jackson-MS
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Sales Management
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time