US Foods Marketing Manager in Jackson, Mississippi
Provides marketing support to multiple Markets within the defined Area in alignment with national and regional marketing objectives and initiatives. This is an Area position that will work in conjunction with multiple Markets as well as region marketing leadership to develop and manage the annual marketing plan and marketing strategies to meet all Market’s objectives within the Area. Manages all Area marketing communications and marketing events, tailoring local activities to maximize impact of national and regional programs and initiatives. This position will also directly manage the Marketing Coordinators in the non-hub Markets within the Area.
Manages and develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with Area and Region Leadership.
Area’s voice of marketing leadership for the Scoop, Food Fanatics, My Kitchen, Kitchen Tune-Up, National Flyer, and other strategic initiatives. Counsel, and provide support to, Area leadership to maximize impact of center-driven Marketing programs and best practices for delivering local programs.
Manage marketing activities to support and drive key results; sales and profit growth, penetration (account, Scoop, and E-Commerce) and account growth.
Plan, develop, coordinate and execute marketing and sales activities such as culinary events (i.e Food Fanatics LIVE and Scoop Showcases), sales meetings, promotions/incentives, etc. Will oversee, direct and supervise Marketing Coordinator(s) on all said activities in all of the Markets within the Area.
Manage, direct, and prioritize Marketing Coordinator(s) in Markets throughout the area, remotely.
Assess local sponsorship and partnership opportunities with region marketing leadership. Provide assistance in obtaining items such as advertisements for local media, table tents, etc.
Oversee marketing spend and budgeting within all Markets in the Area.
Implement and execute the center and region led marketing activities. Review center-led materials and make any area specific changes, such as updates to product list based on inventory availability, before distributing. Manage all aspects of distribution.
Develop marketing materials and communications to support Area-led activities using templates, tools and best practices provided by the Center and Region; such as local flyers, promotions and events. Manage distribution.
Responsible for communicating local promotional results to sales team by using Center provided analytics or working with Sales Analyst on local tracking needs. Makes recommendations to Area Leadership on how to improve results of promotional and marketing events. Work with AVP Merchandising and Marketing, Area Category Operations Managers and Area DSS to identify and develop promotional opportunities for localized vendors.
Follows company brand standards when customizing and creating any local marketing materials. Responsible for ensuring our brand is executed by all personnel within all Markets within their Area and vendor/broker partners.
Provide Center provided product/program positioning materials (i.e. sell sheets, guides, etc), as well as training materials, for the sales force.
Use and encourage the use of approved social media channels and collaboration tools (Yammer) by all personnel within the Area.
Other duties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Four-yearcollege degree in marketing / marketing-related field or equivalent experiencerequired.
- Minimum5 years experience inmarketing required.
- Abilityto operate under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellentprioritization and time management skills.
- Abilityto set performance goals and manage personnel to those goals, even when directreports are located in other DCs.
- Soundunderstanding of marketing principles.
- Abilityto build and maintain excellent working partnerships and interface with a varietyof internal and external resources to attain organizational goals.
- Abilityto make sound, independent decisions.
- Proficientcommunication skills.
- Ableto work with various content management and online marketing systems.
- Self-directedand highly motivated.
- Highlevel of proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especiallyMicrosoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook; as well asin Indesign, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Social Media applications.
- Anadvanced internet aptitude strongly desired.
MOS Code: Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Jackson-MS
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Brand Management
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time