US Foods Slotting Coordinator in La Mirada, California
The Slotting Coordinator under the direction of the Warehouse Manager is responsible for slotting of new items and updating of product and slot details to increase warehouse efficiency and productivity.
- Slotting of new items prior to being received
- Updating of product and slot details as changes are required.
- Daily slot moves to increase warehouse efficiency and productivity by reduction in travel time for both day and night operations.
- Error identification and correction with focus on root cause.
- Maintain up-to-date information in the WMS & Red Prairie Systems (warehouse map, rack profiles, etc)
- Ensure the WMS is properly configured for putaway & replenishment efficiencies.
- Slot product to support a safe work environment.
- Slot product to reduce warehouse damage.
- Product research.
- High technical aptitude with ability to pick up on new technology.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- 2 years Warehouse Experience or equivalent advanced education required.
- Warehouse picking and selection experience is a plus.
- Experience in slotting and slot logic is strongly preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 4 yr college degree preferred with industrial Engineering focus preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word is required.
- Knowledge of Manhattan slotting Software is preferred.
- Ability to communicate cross departmentally to multiple levels of management.
- Ability to spend 50% or more time in warehouse.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Experience with EXE, Rumba, Red Prairie & Warehouse Management Systems a plus.
Primary Location: La Mirada-CA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Warehouse
Job Level: Individual Contributor