US Foods Shuttle Driver - Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky
The shuttle driver position drives a tractor trailer to move loaded trailers containingvarious products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods, equipment andsupply) and empty trailers to and from remote dispatch sites.Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A issued by the state oflegal residence with the necessary endorsements and be DOT qualified. DoubleEndorsement License required. Ability to operate manual transmission preferred. Allfunctions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance withDepartment of Transportation (DOT) regulations.May also be called upon to perform duties of Backhaul Driver or Delivery Driver.As requested by management, cover delivery driver routes which requires repeated lifting up to 80 lbs. or more, interacting with and delivering product to customers at scheduled times while staying within DOT Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include: checking route numbers and account numbers for all assigned deliveries, checking customer invoices of product that has been loaded, moving tractor to the loading dock to attach pre-loaded trailer and/or attach 2ndtrailer with the dolly, confirming not carrying more than a total of 1,000lbs of hazardous materials and performing pre-trip safety check inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Drive loaded trailers to dispatch shuttle sites. Switch out loaded trailer with empty trailer. Hook trailers carefully making sure all connections are correct and return empty trailer to the distribution center in accordance with DOT Hours of Service (HOS) regulations. Use electronic time keeping system to log in time at stop site.
Check for returns and paperwork on trailers shuttling back to the distribution center. May have to unload products from the truck with hand truck or by hand and place them in the appropriate area at the division.
Perform all post-trip responsibilities: unloading damaged goods and customer returns and completing paperwork as necessary; performing safety checks on the truck and trailer; fuel (as required by the division); unhooking and secure trailer; parking and securing tractor and hand truck; completing Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required) and company vehicle maintenance reports (DVIR) and reconciling these with the appropriate company representative as required.
Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
Follow distribution center shift timesand continue until the work is completed within DOT HOS regulations.Some Holiday, Saturday, Sunday, and overnight deliveries may be required.
Must satisfactorily complete all company mandated trainings and assessments.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) preferred for instances when driver may be called to do Delivery Driver job.
- Minimum 1 year over theroad commercial driving experience required. Experience delivering foodproducts preferred.
- Must be able to use, orlearn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, POD,and tools used to perform the job. Must be able to perform all job functionssafely. Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtimefor the position. Must know/have ability to learn material safety data sheetinformation regarding all material used within the scope of the work. Must beable to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer. Must successfully completethe DOT written examination for drivers and pass a controlled substance abusescreening test. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, including applyingtire chains if needed. Must adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
- No more than twoconvictions in the past two year period for traffic violations. No more thanone of these may be a serious as defined by DOT (e.g., leaving scene of an accident,reckless driving, homicide/assault, eluding police, at fault offense, refusinga breathalyzer test, committing a felony with a vehicle) violation or result ofan accident - company or private vehicle; No DUI convictions within past threeyears, regardless of type of vehicle operated; no driver's license suspensionwithin past three years (insurance and overweight tickets are excluded); and notermination by previous employer for failure to comply with safety regulations orfor accident involvement.
- May spend significant amounts of time out-of-doors, exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions.
- May be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight delivery schedules, delays en route and other stresses and fatigue related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather.
- Must spend the majority of working time in the truck, exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger cars.
* MOSCODE: * Motor Transport Operator
MilitarySkills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your servicealigns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Must be able to: pass DOT physical, work in extreme weather conditions and to perform the following activities for described length of time:OCCASIONALLY:1%-33% FREQUENTLY:34%-66% CONTINUOUSLY:67%-100% Never(N):0%Stand: OWalk: ODrive: CSit: CLIFTING AND CARRYING:1-10lbs Lifting: O Carrying: O10-20lbs Lifting: O Carrying: O25-50lbs Lifting: O Carrying: O50-100lbs Lifting: O Carrying: OOver 100lbs Lifting: N Carrying: NPush/pull: O e.g. hand truck, gate straps, metal ramp, truck door, dolly, boxesClimb/balance: O e.g.: In/Out Truck/Trailer (2 vertical step 12” and 20”) to cab. On/Off ramp to ground level and side door steps (6) and Platform of trailer. Delivery and truck ramps.Stoop/squat: OKneel: OBend: OReach above shoulder: OGrasp objects: F e.g. truck, boxes, cartons; C e.g. steering wheelManipulate objects: O e.g. boxes, dolly, metal truck ramp, hand truck, paper work, truck gate, straps; C e.g. truck gear shiftTwisting: O
Primary Location: Louisville-KY
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Delivery
Job Level: Individual Contributor