US Foods Area Human Resource Business Partner in Norwich, Connecticut
Leads human resources practices and initiatives across the Area hub and market distribution centers (DCs) driving a high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment, recruitment and ongoing development of employees. Oversees human resources activities of the Area’s employee relations matters including company values and culture, employee/management advocacy, talent assessment, recruitment and selection. Accountable for maintaining and impacting human resources metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead multi-site Area HR function includingcoverage of the Area hub and virtual leadership of HR staff in the marketdistribution centers (HR Coordinators / Generalists).
Coordinate and consistently execute HRinitiatives across the Area.
Provide leadership, direction, and partnershipto the management team. Establish and maintain partnerships with all staffthrough effective counsel on HR and other Area matters.
Maintain a positivework environment, conducting pro-active employee relations activities such asholding regular roundtables and structured feedback sessions.
Identify and monitor theArea’s cultureso that it supportsthe attainment of the company's goals/key results and promotes employeesatisfaction. This includes a specific focus on maintaining the target culturein DCs where the HR presence is limited to an HR Coordinator. Manage employee survey results and culturaldevelopment to implement targeted action plans and partner with Arealeadership aimed at optimizing employee morale, engagement and teamwork.
Identify and apply recruiting strategies toensure a timely response to filling open positions. Collaborate with RegionalHR Business Partner and Area Leadership to close talent gaps and improve recruitment,leadership development, and retention plans that meet business goals. Supportoutreach efforts by developing quality relationships with multiple sources.
Provide counsel to managers and employees regardingon-the-job and formal training opportunities to aide in their development. Assist in preparing Individual DevelopmentPlans and facilitate the performance management process.
Interact with functional leaders and employeesto gain a first-hand feel for their daily responsibilities and challenges. Formsolid working relationships with the functional leaders, based on thoroughknowledge of the business and HR procedures.
Develop and maintain a comprehensiveunderstanding of the business and culture. This will require a presence onmultiple shifts and / or ride-a-longs in the field with drivers and salesdepartment employees on a regular basis.
Partner with Legal to reduce legal risk, ensureregulatory and Code of Conduct compliance, and encourage a culture ofaccountability and speaking up.
Other duties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’sdegree and/or equivalent work experience required; professional HRcertification desirable.
- Minimumfive years human resources experience with at least three in a professional(i.e. non-administrative) role.
- Experienceconsulting and advising a large management team.
- Priorexperience working in a collective bargaining environment preferred (for Areaswith a collective bargaining environment).
- Strong understanding of legislationconcerning employment (e.g. ADA, FMLA, OSHA, FLSA, Title VII).
- Previoussupervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Priorexperience in a Federal Contractor environment preferred.
- Ideal candidate has experience that includescollaboration in a functional matrixed environment and virtual leadershipacross multiple sites.
- Overnighttravel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other companyevents.
- Senseof urgency in addressing organizational/individual needs.
- Abilityto make timely and informed decisions and understands when to escalate issues. Organizationaland time management skills.
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills.
- Provensuccess in building and maintaining positive and productive workingrelationships with all levels of staff, and a demonstrated ability to impactand influence all levels of management.
- Abilityto navigate an organization through change, and influence employee engagementand morale.
- Experienceworking with such resources as PeopleSoft, Success Factors, and TALEO (orsimilar HR systems) preferred.
- Presentationand leadership skills required.
MOS Code: HR Technician, Specialist or Officer
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to seehow your service aligns with US Foods roles:www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Norwich-CT
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Human Resources
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time