US Foods Night Dispatcher in Norwich, Connecticut
Responsible for performing the dispatching functions for the Transportation Department
1. Maintain complete and accurate driver schedule.
2. Daily dispatch of drivers to cover available work.
3. Forecast driver availability (vacations, personal days, long-term disability, workers' compensation, short-term disability)
4. Utilize onboard computer system to monitor daily trip information for accuracy. Insure DOT compliance.
5. Provide backup coverage for Router.
6. Export daily route information. Utilize Roadnet routing system for daily information.
7. Nightly communication of driver availability to warehouse and transportation staff.
8. Maintain route bags and driver supplies.
9. Assists in the preparation of various forms.
10. Work schedule is Sunday through Thursday, 9 pm to 5am work time
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
1.High school diploma or GED
2. Mimimum of 1 year comparable experience
3. Good mathematical skills
4. Good communication skills -- verbal and written
5. Problem solving ability
6. Associate interaction required on a daily and freuent basis
7. Proficient computer knowledge (advanced preferred) - Excel knowledge required
8. Ability to read map, utilize mapping program
9. Ability and willingness to adapt to new technology.
Primary Location: Norwich-CT
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Dispatch/Routing
Job Level: Individual Contributor