US Foods Director Finance Southwest in Phoenix, Arizona
Manages the Area accounting function and the finance staff of 1-3 distribution centers (DCs). Oversees and supports the activities of a large staff that includes accounting clerks, inventory control staff, contract management coordinators and an IT support staff member spread across the Area. Works closely with senior members of the Finance Service Center and the Director of Region Finance to provide financial planning, analysis, and oversight in order to achieve Area and company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership of the Area finance function including coverage of the Area hub and virtual leadership of finance staff in the market DCs (inventory control, accounting clerks and IT support).
- Coordinate and consistently execute finance initiatives across the Area.
- Partner with Finance Service Center (FSC) and Region VP of Finance to create and deliver timely and accurate financial statements.
- Provide support to the Area President and other Area staff members as the point of contact for Area accounting and internal control issues.
- Guide, coach and develop the accounting and IT staff. Coordinate the efforts of all personnel to ensure that daily, monthly, and quarterly responsibilities are met.
- Prepare internal financial management reports, operational results flux and trend analyses, customer profitability analysis, and decision support.
- Assist in the development and administration of the Area’s annual budget, forecasting, and capital planning.
- Oversee Area inventory control, cashier and payroll activities.
- Work with Area and regional credit staff to resolve Area specific issues; provide indirect supervision for the Area street credit function
- Complete ad hoc projects, analysis and initiatives as requested
- Limited travel as necessary
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:Bachelor’s Degree required. BS in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred.
Related Experience/Requirements:Must possess minimum of seven years accounting and/or financial analysis experience. Prior experience supervising a large accounting staff (5-10 member teams) required.Industry experience is preferred.Ideal candidate has experience that includes collaboration in a functional matrixed environment and virtual leadership across multiple sites.Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Deep knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOx. Broad skill set in financial analysis and financial modeling required. Proficient inMicrosoft Excel.Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels in the organization. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
Primary Location: Phoenix-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Finance
Job Level: Director
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time