US Foods Training Supervisor - Raleigh in Raleigh, North Carolina
The Training Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the entirety of warehouse training (classroom, on-the-job, train the trainer, etc.), with emphasis on new-hire first 90 days training, and drives the onboarding process for Selectors. The Training Supervisor contributes to the continuous improvement of learning and development and ongoing engagement for new and tenured Selectors through the implementation of learning and performance solutions (feedback, coaching, mentorship programs) within Warehouse Operations and partnerships with corporate subject matter experts (SME).
In conjunction with Warehouse Supervisors andManagers, this role supervises new hires during multi-week training and isresponsible for assimilating, onboarding and assessing new and existing talent.The Training Supervisor conducts employee training needs analysis andidentifies opportunities to improve Warehouse safety, productivity, andretention, using observations, data and analytics, and feedback fromroundtables and leadership. The end result is committed Selectors that embody thecultural beliefs, safety standards and performance expectations.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns all warehouse training for new and tenured Selectors, with emphasis on the first 90 days of Selector training
- Supervises a team of new hires during multi-week training during onboarding period (first 90 days) as measured by various indicators (productivity, quality, reliability, safety, culture integration, job knowledge).
- Administers and coordinates all aspects of onboarding and training including scheduling resources, conducting classroom training, performing observations, acting as SME on process and milestones, etc.
- Provides actionable performance and behavioral feedback and coaching in classroom and on the job environments.
- Facilitates mentoring of new selectors to drive engagement through the onboarding process.
- Analyzes and tracks associate performance 30/60/90 days out of new hire training to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Collects data to determine effectiveness, retention and sustainability of training for the continuous improvement of the program.
- Serves as a point of contact and collaborator for corporate SME (Operations Excellence Team).
- Insures individual order selectors and the entire shift are following preferred methods and meeting rates.
- Partners with Supervisors and Managers to regularly check progress and performance of new and tenured selectors to uncover coaching opportunities and identify steps to improve performance.
- Reports out performance and retention data to Vice President regularly and provides training recommendations and strategies based on trends.
- May consult in the interview, hire, performance review, discipline and termination process in collaboration with the Warehouse Supervisor and Manager to ensure all training needs are aligned, relevant, and delivered as expected (as needed).
- Regularly inspects facility for safety hazards and either resolves them or reports them to the safety manager as appropriate. Jointly accountable (with warehouse leadership) for maintaining the physical condition of the warehouse and its equipment.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
High School diploma orequivalent required. College degree strongly preferred.
A minimum of five years of experience with at least two ofthose years as a direct supervisor in warehouse operations preferred. Trainingexperience preferred, not required.
Able to interpret financial and operational data; Basic computerskills; familiarity with inventory control, OSHA, HAACP and other regulatoryrequirements; Strong leadership, communication and people development skills;broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.
Knowledgeof PowerPoint, Excel, Word required. Knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred.
Must be available to work during segments of night shift andflexible with working hours. Must be willing to travel.
•Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time, with or without a reasonable accommodation:OCCASIONALLY: 1% - 33%FREQUENTLY: 34% - 66%CONTINUOUSLY: 67% - 100%Never: 0%JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:1. SIT Occasionally2. STAND Continuously3. WALK Occasionally4. DRIVE ContinuouslyJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:1. 1-10 lbs. (Sedentary) Occasionally2. 10-20 lbs. (Light) Frequently3. 25-50 lbs. (Medium) Frequently4. 50-100 lbs. (Heavy) Frequently5. Over 100 lbs. (Very Heavy) NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY: 1. 1-10 lbs. (Sedentary) Occasionally 2. 10-20 lbs. (Light) Occasionally 3. 25-50 lbs. (Medium) Occasionally 4. 50-100 lbs. (Heavy) Occasionally 5. Over 100 lbs. (Very Heavy) Never JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO: 1. Push/pull Frequently 2. Climb/balance Frequently 3. Stoop/squat Frequently 4. Kneel/bend Frequently 5. Bend Frequently 6. Reach above shoulder Occasionally 7. Grasp objects Continuously 8. Manipulate objects Freque
Primary Location: Raleigh-NC
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Training
Job Level: Individual Contributor