US Foods CDL A Richmond Delivery Driver - $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS in Richmond, Virginia
At US Foods® we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a CDL A Delivery Driver, you will have an impact on our customers by delivering our meats, produce, frozen goods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies to their drop-off sites.
To watch a realistic preview of the US Foods' Delivery Driver job please click here . You will be redirected to the US Foods' Careers page.
Why US Foods?
Our Customers' success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods, we work to exceed expectations and give our customers the competitive edge they need. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and commitment to service.
At US Foods®, we are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. If you join our team, we provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career.
Main Ingredients of the Job
- Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules.
- Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place items in designated customer storage area.
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
- Heavy customer service- customer interaction.
Willing and able to:
Perform repeated, manual heavy lifting of items up to 80 pounds or more.
- Make frequent stops during the course of a work shift.
- Drive and work in inclement weather conditions.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
What You Bring to the Table
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have valid CDL A issued by the state of legal residence with necessary endorsements and DOT qualified.
- Minimum six months commercial driving experience or three months of foodservice or food and beverage delivery experience required.
- Ability to operate manual transmission preferred.
Click to learn more about the role andapply today or visit our career page to learn more about working at US Foods.
MOS CODE: Motor Transport Operator, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Richmond-VA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Delivery
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time