US Foods Business Analyst Lead in Rosemont, Illinois
The Lead Business Analyst role at US Foods partners with our business to define areas of functional need and translate those needs into requirements for project execution. The primary areas of responsibility include:•Understand and document business requirements;•Analyze current state and provide gap analysis to support roadmap;•Translate business needs into actionable technology requirements;•Develop and describe business benefit;•Create and cascade reference and training material;•Create and execute procedures to ensure quality supportable product;•Develop long-term strategy and application/function roadmap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, lead and facilitate discovery session with business stakeholders using research on best-in-class processes and systems to identify transformative technology opportunities, to improve business processes. Collaborate with technical team to identify incidents and problems and incorporate those into the dialogue;
- Prioritize and elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that will meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders;
- Enhance standards and create business process documentation that provides valuable support to the broadest business and technology users to do their jobs;
- Identify external and internal participants to set future state vision for domain. Lead collaborative session to describe As Is and To Be work process flows and document in an intuitive way;
- Propose best fit development methodology to turn strategic needs into domain requirements or product vision map. Groom one or more domain backlogs;
- Partner with business and finance leadership to tie benefits to measurable outcomes and flow through company financial assumptions. Ensures business benefits are defined for the initiative;
- Partner with the business to develop a change management strategy including comprehensive user documentation and training plan;
- Partner with Quality Assurance team to develop a comprehensive test plan aligned to the testing and environment strategies. Review test results and partner with business agree on project response;
- Partner with the project team(s) and the Command Center(s) to define the strategy and implementation plan for on-going support;
- Partner with business and BRMs to develop long term roadmaps for a specific area that aligns with the business strategies and vision. Ensures high level benefits and business justifications are considered.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in a US Foods role, or minimum 7 years of experience in a IT Business Analysis or Project Leadership role.
Specific requirements for this department:
- Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative to identify possible business process and technology improvements.
The following requirements are not required, but preferred for the position:
Prior Workday or equivalent experience;
- Prior Food Service or manufacturing/distribution experience;
- Prior HR, Legal or Payroll experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong group facilitation skills;
- Familiarity with project management concepts and tools include waterfall and agile;
- Ability to model business process. Familiarity with standard flowcharting tools such as Visio or Lucidchart is preferred;
- Ability to manage application/product backlogs. Familiarity with JIRA is preferred.
•Ability to travel up to 10% per year
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business/System Analyst
Job Level: Individual Contributor