US Foods Buyer-Grocery in Rosemont, Illinois
US Foods is growing it’s Replenishment Service Center (RSC) team in Grocery, Center of Plate, Produce categories. We are looking for top talent to join our RSC team including Buyers (Inventory Analysts). This team is made up of resilient people who oversee product ordering, inventory management, forecasted usage, on time delivery, and correct order costs from our suppliers. You can help us by providing accurate sales data, including known upcoming events, so that we can help our customers have an optimal ordering experience. Our goal is a perfect order every time!The Buyer will utilize their category expertise and vendor specific knowledge to manage inventory levels for all assigned items, suppliers and/or categories while maintaining service level targets to our customers across multiple distribution centers.
- Delivers on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for specific goals such as: Service Level, Days-Inventory-On-Hand (DIOH), Excess and Obsolete inventory (E&O) and Spoilage.
- Analyzes economic order quantities, forecasts, lead times, vendor set-up, safety stock, etc., in-order to create efficient purchase orders with our suppliers.
- Proactively reviews projected out of stock report daily to ensure we deliver on customer order fulfillment.
- Communicates closely with our cross-functional partners to capture seasonal trends and events in the business as well as drive profitability with accurate costs.
- Partners appropriately with product/category management team to maintain supplier relationships and proper accountability.
- Establishes communication with internal partners on supplier production delays or order shortages, while pursuing recovery options with urgency.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners to reduce overstock, slow-moving and obsolete inventory, as well as initiate product returns where applicable.
- Utilizes understanding of product shelf life and manufacturing dates in the prevention of spoilage for specific buying categories.
- Cooperates with the logistics team to identify and achieve freight consolidation in order to maximize net income.
- Evaluates inbound volume and purchase history to collaborate with warehouse operations on efficient receiving practices.
- Executes forward-buy opportunities to achieve profitability for period or year-end based on targeted goals.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Four-year degree is highly preferred. Equivalent work experience and applicable certifications may be considered as well (Military Service, APICS, CPM, etc.).
- 1 years of direct inventory management/supply chain experience required.
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience preferred, with food service experience a plus.
- Possess superior oral and written communication along with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with suppliers, sales, field partners and other business contacts via telephone, email, and video conferencing.
- Must have a general understanding of logistics and connection in support of an efficient distribution model.
- Must be able to deal with high pressure situations to meet daily/weekly timelines with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to function in Microsoft Excel, as well as ERP system environments, with JDA experience preferred.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Buyer
Job Level: Individual Contributor