US Foods Buyer, Produce in Rosemont, Illinois
The Buyer will utilize their category expertise and vendor specific knowledge to manage inventory levels for all assigned items, suppliers and/or categories while maintaining service level targets to our customers across multiple distribution centers.
Monitor and determine the timing and quantity of items to buy based on a detailed understanding of vendor, category, market, and forecasting indicators. Manages inventory to ensure adequate supply while meeting or exceeding key service levels performance indicators including:
- Customer service level
- Inventory loss minimization
- Days Inventory on Hand (DIOH)
- ustomer Order Fill Rates
- Excess and Obsolete Inventory Reserve
- Managed Cases/Freight Income
- Inbound Cases/Pallet
- Slow and Dead Inventory
- Special Order response time
Analyze and interpret multiple sources of information in order to determine the best course of action to meet division and customer specific requirements
Assess the financial impact/trade-offs of replenishment activities in all decision making and implement cost effective solutions
Anticipate potential replenishment issues by utilizing reports and other demand planning tools in a disciplined and timely fashion
Collaborate with Category Management on developing the correct inventory portfolio for specific categories for each location
Establish vendor relationships supporting collaboration and management objectives
Effectively communicate with divisions on inventory requests and concerns that affect Sales
Support Cost Analyst in realizing cost accuracy goals and lower consistent costs across multiple Divisions
- # EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Four-year degree is highly preferred. Equivalent work experience and applicable certifications may be considered as well (Military Service, APICS, CPM, etc.).
- 1 years of direct inventory management/supply chain experience required.
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience preferred, with food service experience a plus.
- Possess superior oral and written communication along with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with suppliers, sales, field partners and other business contacts via telephone, email, and video conferencing.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Buyer
Job Level: Individual Contributor