US Foods Buyer, Produce in Rosemont, Illinois
Monitor and determine the timing and quantity of items to buy based on a detailed understanding of vendor, category, market, and forecasting indicators.Manages inventory to ensure adequate supply while meeting or exceeding key service levels performance indicators including:
·Customer service level
·Inventory loss minimization
·Days Inventory on Hand (DIOH)
·Customer Order Fill Rates
·Excess and Obsolete Inventory Reserve
·Managed Cases/Freight Income
·Slow and Dead Inventory
·Special Order response time
Use critical thinking to analyze and interpret multiple sources of information (including but not limited to; produce market trends, market supply data, seasonal sales trends, quality reports, and product shelf life) to determine the optimum course of action needed to meet customer specific requirements.
Track Supplier performance through vendor confirmation process and source fresh product from alternate suppliers when appropriate in order to maintain service levels.
Assess the financial impact of replenishment activities in all decision making and implement cost effective solutions.
Proactively anticipate potential replenishment issues by utilizing available reports and other procurement tools in a disciplined and timely fashion.
Collaborate with Category Management on developing the correct inventory portfolio for Produce categories by location.
Establish productive Supplier relationships which support collaboration and Supply Chain KPI’s.
Analyze, react to, and adjust open orders based upon the daily review of product demand, inventory levels, seasonality, market trends and anticipated sales.
Effectively communicate with key stakeholders addressing inventory requests and concerns. Support and collaborate with other Produce Team functional areas to meet or exceed service level goals.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:Four-year college degree in business, operations, or supply chain management or direct purchasing/inventory management experience within the food service industry required.
Related Experience:Minimum one year purchasing experience within perishable categories strongly preferred.
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making in executing replenishment and inventory management activities.
- Subject matter expert on Produce and / or applicable perishable categories.
- Ability to foster Supplier relationships while achieving performance objectives.
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism, tact, and persistence.
- Possesses superior analytic and communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious manner.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. PRISM and E3/AWR experience preferred.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Buyer
Job Level: Individual Contributor