US Foods Director Indirect Procurement – Travel and Meetings in Rosemont, Illinois
The Director of Travel and Meetings will be responsible for the management and strategic development of US Foods business travel and meetings and events programs ranging from policy and procedure development and execution to supporting all travel requirements and for managing personnel and initiatives to ensure the timely delivery of US Foods objectives. The Director is accountable for and closely monitors category performance and contract compliance on a national level, ensuring purchasing agreements are being leveraged to maximize savings. The Director will collaborate closely with the Sr. Director Indirect Procurement and functional/corporate representatives. Success will be measured based on operating performance, spend addressed, savings achieved and overall customer service to the organization. A total cost of ownership perspective is paramount. Prioritization of the most meaningful opportunities and the ability to work cross-functionally is critical to success.
- The Director develops and manages the Travel and Meeting category procurement strategy on a national level to optimize value. Direct and manage business requirements, meeting specifications, supplier negotiations and performance, and cost management initiatives with an emphasis on total cost of ownership, to ensure business and budget objectives are met;
- Develop short and long term category objectives aimed at Continuous Improvement;
- Collaborates closely Sales and Marketing to tailor Event and Incentive trip strategies, to leverage opportunities, mitigate risk, drive performance and to implement strategies on a national level;
- Execute category related sourcing strategies including: volume aggregation of air, hotel and car, competitive bidding, and "preferred supplier" programs, identification of new suppliers, demand management, policy / controls, and use of sponsor cross-portfolio contracts;
- Monitor and analyze T&E budget performance on a national, regional and market level. Based on analysis, adjust category strategies as required to drive overall category performance. Benchmark category performance with industry metrics. Ensure national compliance with existing purchasing agreements. Identifies and creates appropriate cost savings opportunities and service enhancements;
- Lead negotiation efforts on commercial terms, and, in conjunction with field and functional SMEs, establish, maintain and grow relationships with suppliers. Identify category growth opportunities and incorporate into strategy. Manage vendor communications and consistently provide vendor performance feedback and resolve complex issues;
- Oversee assigned projects in the area of meetings/event planning for a variety of meetings, conferences, webinars and workshops. Manages meetings team who works with individuals to develop and monitor timelines and deadlines related to all aspects of events, ensuring the information is communicated appropriately;
- Provide monthly and quarterly summary reports of corporate travel expenditures against budgets, forecasts while continually improving internal process to minimize corporate risk, financial or otherwise;
- Implement, and aid in the development of, policies and procedures associated with the safety and welfare of staff traveling domestically or abroad for business travel.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Four year college degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience required. MBA or other advance degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of Category Management or equivalent category-related experience, in a well-respected supply chain organization or consulting environment, required;
- Prior experience in foodservice or food manufacturing preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:The successful candidate:
- Possesses the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels;
- Experience managing indirect spend categories using multi-step strategic sourcing processes, especially with Travel and other Corporate Services;
- Track record of managing change through influence; capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of internal stakeholders;
- Expert-level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact‐based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modeling;
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills;
- Strong negotiation skills; expert understanding of terms, conditions, and contracting techniques for managing risk;
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences;
- Able to work up, down, and across a large organization; connects at all levels;
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others;
- Bias for action and track record of driving tangible impact in Indirect spend.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Category Management
Job Level: Director
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time