US Foods IBM Application Developer - Lead in Rosemont, Illinois
The Lead Application Developer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of application systems that support one or more of the business functions.
- Leads development processes for multiple applications, programs and/or platforms;
- Is viewed as the subject matter expert in one or more applications or platforms;
- Drives use of US Foods best practices across area;
- Works with complicated and business critical applications across functional areas;
- Works across solutions requiring integration across multiple platforms and/or business areas;
- Develops testing approach and build test cases to test core business functionality;
- Defines and explains the impact of requirements on system components across multiple functional areas;
- Apply knowledge from outside US Foods to improve US Foods practices;
- Develops Technical Design Document;
- Codes applications, data bases, interface programs;
- Configures software packages;
- Conducts peer review (Unit Test);
- Creates Unit Test cases;
- Documents code (comments);
- Documents system functionality;
- Updates code to address defects and enhancements;
- Manages off-shore development deliverables; in terms of milestones and quality;
- Verifies Work Estimates.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- B.S. in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in general IT;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with IBM application development.
- Understanding of Legacy Systems best practices;
- Proven ability to analyze and understand existing processes and code;
· Datacom/ODBC queries
· Enscribe files
· MFT-File Transfer
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project).
· Mainframe Background.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Development / Programming
Job Level: Manager