US Foods Manager Business Analytics - Supply Chain (Insights & Analytics) in Rosemont, Illinois
The Manager Business Analytics – Supply Chain (Insights & Analytics) is responsible for oversight of a team of analysts who conduct advanced analytical activities for Supply Chain Operations. The Manager leads and prioritizes routine and custom analytical projects in strategic partnership with the Supply Chain Team. The manager standardizes analytics (processes, metrics and insight delivery) and implements processes regarding the identification and communication of insights, not just spreadsheets, to the business. The manager also provides business translation of analytics, reporting and statistically driven modeling to the Supply Chain team and facilitates and provides subject matter expertise and/or training of business team on the use of available analytics, reporting and visualization tools and BI applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Solution Development:
- Standardize analytics processes, metrics and insight delivery within the Supply Chain function.
- Lead the process to develop and refine methodology for core analyses and test designs to continuously improve analytic practices across Supply Chain.
- Owns relationship with Supply Chain business partners to evolve transportation, warehouse, and perfect order business strategies that optimize each function’s objectives.
- Collaborate with peer Managers and Senior Insights and Analytics Leaders, such as the Senior Manager, Quantitative Methods and the Director, Business Analytics & Forecasting to: identify improvements in analytics, reporting, software requirements, data improvements; and implement and track satisfaction with changes and improvements.
- Lead collaboration and understanding of business problems with senior business partners.
- Manage analytics teams to identify and prioritize custom, special analytic projects - as well as routine reports/analysis, across client groups, serving as implementation leader in the areas of scoping, resourcing, project management, requirements gathering, methodology, metrics/formula standardization/derivation and IT collaboration.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across client groups and lead the training process of business team in understanding and adoption of new advanced analytics, software applications, CookBook and business intelligence tools.
Prescriptive, Predictive and Advanced Analytics:
- Serve as a strategic business partner with the Supply Chain team. Establish in-depth subject matter expertise regarding process and procedures on supply chain opportunities and workflow as it relates to areas such as warehouse & transportation productivity, slot utilization/optimization, warehouse capacity analysis, perfect order index, route optimization and customer service levels.
- Serve as a strategic business partner with the Supply Chain team to maximize the effectiveness of their key objectives and strategies with detailed analysis and lead development of performance reporting.
- Serve as primary business consultant with IT for the Supply Chain organization in the development of BI, querying and data visualization.
- Leads team to help drive supply chain cost improvement and performance through analytical methods, tactical reporting, and process improvement initiatives. Provide innovative and impactful insights and recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
Tools and Reports Development:
- Provide thought leadership in areas of tools and reports development.
- Lead integration of analytics, tools, processes and delivery channels to create a seamless experience for end users.
- Lead development of tools and reports for end users, including developing requirements, reviewing user stories, evaluating IT development progress, managing UAT and training end users.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of applicable tools, databases and systems.
Deployment and Value Realization:
- Support deployment and value realization strategy (e.g., communication, training, org structure) for Analytics programs.
- Identify strategic and thoughtful coordination and execution of all aspects of the role.
- Ensure flawless deployment through management of business partners, IT, consultants and end users.
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Finance or related quantitative field required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7 years demonstrated successful experience in supply chain related functions/roles
- 7 years demonstrated successful experience in analytical roles
- 7 years demonstrated successful experience in food distribution, retail, CPG or related industries
- 2 years managing direct and indirect reports
- 3 years project management experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Business Strategy and Analytics
Exceptional business acumen
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Ability to think logically and analytically
- Able to take complex, ambiguous problems, break them down into smaller parts, and problem solve to come up with a whole, integrated and strategic solution
Able to solve complex business problems related to product sourcing, category management and promotions including the development of measurements and analysis to support decision-making
Self-direction and Team Work
High degree of motivation
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to build consensus and lead work streams
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
Strong influence and persuasion skills
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- Ability to influence change within complex organizations
- Ability to relate to others
Ability to understand and translate custom and statistical analytics for business users
Proficiency in the following required
MS Office Suite, including:
Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables; slicer; vlookup, hlookup; formulas; if then statements)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (e.g., update presentations; create graphs, tables and other data visualization techniques)
Proficiency in at least two of the following a plus:
- MS Access
- eCommerce, various platforms
- Campaign Management platforms
- Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business Strategy
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time