US Foods Mgr, Replenishment in Rosemont, Illinois
Direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities of RSC Buyers, Demand Planners and Cost Analysts to achieve P.O. accuracy, DIOH goals, established service levels and inventory management expectations. Acts as RSC Produce functional backup for all department related activities.
Monitor and review KPI performance against established department goals weekly or more frequently as needed. Provides direction and takes needed corrective action when appropriate to insure performance targets are achieved or exceeded.
Serves as a subject matter expert \ source on all functional department systems and procedures.
Works with Category Management to maximize growth and profit opportunities within Replenishment.
Trains staff on RSC Produce replenishment processes, procedures, tools and best practices.
Schedules and conducts meetings to review performance, issues \ resolution effectiveness and takes appropriate action when required.
Conducts quarterly performance \ developmental reviews with direct reports.
Manages and develops personnel and is actively involved in recruitment, interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance evaluations and personnel development opportunities.
Monitors market prices and works with Buyers to insure appropriate actions are pursued.
Contributes to the creation and modification of processes relating to all department activities.
Schedules and conducts regular calls, meetings or business reviews with key stakeholders.
Provides needed stakeholder support for new processes, issue resolution and communications.
Manage the daily Buyer report (DBR).
Overnight travel as required (up to 25%).
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:Four-year college degree in business, operations, supply chain management or equivalent food service industry work experience required.
Related Experience:Minimum five years purchasing experience within perishable categories required. Prior foodservice and foodservice management experience preferred. Three years management experience required.
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making in executing replenishment and inventory management activities.
- Possesses superior analytic and written \ oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Subject matter expert on Produce and / or applicable perishable categories.
- Ability to foster relationships while achieving performance objectives.
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism, tact, and persistence.
- Possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious manner.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Buyer
Job Level: Manager