US Foods Project Manager - IT in Rosemont, Illinois
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. The Project Manager will work across a highly matrixed organization partnering with the client facing teams Business Relationship Managers (BRMs) and the technical teams to ensure the successful delivery of the project within the triple constraint of quality(scope), cost (resources) and schedule (time). The Project Manager will follow the US Foods SDLC process ensuring that the project passes all the required tollgates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plays Scrum Master role on Agile projects and traditional Project Manager role on waterfall projects;
- Coordinates internal resources, contractors and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects;
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and scope;
- Effectively communicates to project stakeholders;
- Develops project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensures technical feasibility;
- Uses appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs;
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques;
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks;
- Schedules and facilitates US Foods project delivery Toll Gates;
- Manages defect resolution process;
- Conducts and documentslessons learned.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Scrum Master Certification and PMP certification preferred.
- Prior experience in applying proven project management methodologies to large mission critical projects;
- Prior experience with using Agile and/or waterfall methodology required;
- Expertise in SDLC required.
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication skill required;
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrix organization;
- Creating and Managing project plans required;
- PPM Tool - MSFT's ProjectOnline experience preferred.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Systems Project/Implementation Mgmt
Job Level: Manager