US Foods Senior Manager, Category Strategy in Rosemont, Illinois
The Senior Manager, Category Strategy will collaborate to design, develop and implement best in class methodology towards category strategy. They will also work closely with the category teams across the organization, driving the development and alignment of category strategies, serving as subject matter expert in a consultative role across the organization, and developing and implementing necessary support material to drive effectiveness.
- Create and maintain business requirements for multiple tools developed in support of Category Management external firms.
- Manage, maintain and provide oversight of multiple budgets within CookBook for Category Mangers 2.0.
- Provide continued consultancy on the development of the US Foods new category management process, strategy and execution, including the building planning and implementation of these processes.
- Identifies key strategic growth opportunities for US Foods and develops and designs innovative solutions and recommendations to drive that growth.
- Collaborates closely with Directors and Category Managers to identify key strategic questions, scope analysis, assign resources, and manage execution, report findings and offer innovative solutions to bolster effectiveness.
- Establish well-supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the category management team to make critical decisions to ensure success of initiatives.
- Lead the successful implementation of category strategies across the enterprise, collaborating with functional leaders across the organization to ensure that success.
- Scopes and plans financial and quantitative analysis aimed at garnering critical answers to the enterprise critical questions. The Manager of Category strategy will assert a keen understanding of the analysis, providing this analysis in a timely and accurate manner on a consistent and ad hoc basis. Will serve as subject matter expert and coach to effectively relay analytical findings to stakeholders and advise on impact.
- Direct multiple project expenditure across departmental initiatives.
- Create, pilot and deploy the Joint Business Planning (JBM) process across multiple vendors simultaneously.
- Translate analytical models, forecasts and other quantitative inputs into effective, meaningful and relevant presentations, facilitating and presenting findings and recommendations across the organization, up to and including the executive leadership team.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training: Must possess a 4 year college degree in business or other relevant field. MBA is preferred
Related Experience: A combined minimum of 7-10 years hands on category management experience across both Food Service, retail and other channels , i.e. Mass, Auto, Club, Pharmacy. The ideal candidate will have deep category management experience and experience implementing category management in more than one channel.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and lead special projects from end to end, as well as to assert keen quantitative and analytical ability when addressing the needs of a situation. The candidate will have experience as a “Category Manager” with demonstrated success owning a category, from P&L to vendor management, and strategic development and execution of successful category plans,. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead the implementation of complex, high profile initiatives in an effective manner. This position must possess excellent communication skills as well as the ability to effectively facilitate small and large group presentations on complex subject matter, asserting influence over a diverse audience to gain buy-in. Intermediate Excel proficiency required. Prior experience with Access a plus.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Category Management
Job Level: Manager