US Foods Sr. Business Analyst in Rosemont, Illinois
The Sr. Business Analyst role at US Foods partners with our business to define areas of functional need and translate those needs into requirements for project execution. The primary areas of responsibility include:•Understand and document business requirements;•Analyze current state and provide gap analysis to support product & project roadmap;•Translate business needs into actionable technology requirements;•Develop and describe business benefit;•Create and cascade reference and training material;•Create and execute procedures to ensure quality supportable product;•Assist in the development of long-term strategy and application/function roadmap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate businessstakeholders in a group setting in order to identify root causes for technologyinefficiency and large-scale improvement opportunities;
- Create business processdocumentation and drive streamlining and simplifying of cross-functionaldocumentation to make it easy to find and use;
- Facilitate workshops todocument As Is and To Be work process flows using effective small grouptechniques;
- Use the best fitdevelopment methodology to turn improvement opportunities into applicationrequirements or user epics. Groom one or more application backlogs;
- Engage with businessusers to ensure benefits are well understood and properly documented;
- Develop complex user andtraining documentation and provide train-the-trainer or direct user training asappropriate;
- Develop testing scriptsconsistent with comprehensive test plan. Identify and engage QA resources intest plan execution. Identify and engage business resources for user acceptancetesting (UAT). Analyzes test results to support resolution;
- Prepare CommandCenter(s) for new implementation;
- Translate strategicintent to specific capabilities for the initiative. Provide input intothe area roadmaps;
- Some travel required …10%.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired, or equivalent experience.
- Strongtrack record of IT business analyst experience - 5 years minimum;
- Specificdomain experience (supply chain, inventory mgt, distribution, replenishment, inboundlogistics, etc) – 3 years required;
- Priorexperience WMS (warehouse management) operations (receiving, loading, barcoding / scanning tools) – preferred;
- Experiencewith transportation management & inventory planning solutions – preferred.
- Excellent written andverbal communication skills;
- Strong group facilitationskills;
- Familiarity with projectmanagement concepts and tools include waterfall and agile;
- Ability to modelbusiness process. Familiarity with standard flowcharting tools such as Visio orLucidchart is preferred;
- Ability to manageapplication/product backlogs, grooming of features, defining acceptancecriteria, etc. Familiarity with JIRA is preferred;
- PriorProduct Management Experience with external vendor packages (in addition tocustom development) – Preferred;
- Knowledge and understand ofService Oriented Architectures / web services, data mapping & databasedesign, prior exposure to APIs & EDI documents – Preferred.
- This position is primarilyas an individual contributor, however, may be called on to coordinate the workof up to 5 people.
•Ability to travel up to 10% per year
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business/System Analyst
Job Level: Individual Contributor