US Foods Store Sales Representative in Roseville, Minnesota
Support the CES business as an inside salesperson, making it convenient and pleasant for our customers to purchase products they need within our retail center. Our goal must be to insure that all customers feel they have received personalized, fair and efficient service. Support the CES business by providing accurate and timely product quotes for internal and external sales leads. Source and negotiate products through multiple vendors in order to meet the customer’s needs and to capture competitive pricing.
Provide prompt and courteous service to customers, including:
sales information and placing orders
prepare sales documents in an accurate manner
Remain informed on all new and existing products carried by the Company including product knowledge, sales, and customer return procedures.
Assist in maintaining product pricing labels, assuring they are properly placed on products and equipment. Setting up product displays and signage.
Assist in the maintenance of the showroom floor, closeout and warehouse area; products must be properly stocked, marked correctly, and kept neat and clean.
Assist with preparing the cash deposit, reconciling the cash register balance and cash receipts. Completing daily invoicing of merchandise that is purchased in the retail center.
Assist with receiving and put away of stock orders; unload, receive, uncrate, stage and accurately mark product for the showroom floor or closeout.
Manage relationships with all customer channels through these communication vehicles: calls, Emails, Chats, and faxes and assist all customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, and responsive manner. Respond promptly with appropriates sense of urgency to customer contacts while providing superior customer service. Answer questions and provide product, processing, and pricing guidance.
Prepare quotes using AS400, AutoQuotes, customer contract guidelines, vendor quotes and vendor websites/calls. Return completed quotes to customer in timely manner.
Recognize the need for ancillary charges, (small package, broken carton charges), and add to the quote.
- Call suppliers for additional deviations when necessary
- Recommend products to fit customer needs / company profitability requirements
- Interface with Account Managers, TM’s, Specialists, Division buyers, Category Management, vendor rep groups, brokers, and end-user customers to provide an accurate quote.
- Prepare freight quotes and send spec sheets as needed.
- Utilize numerous pricing rules for customer, contract, vendor, division specific orders. Apply specific mark-ups / discounts as determined by customer group.
Prepare multiple quotes based on customer/quote type that allows for easier processing for division partners.
Enter customer orders/purchase orders accurately to ensure the highest level of accurate customer service.
Key direct channel orders and manage credit card/leasing transactions.
- Quality check Division Purchase Orders, fix as necessary, and communicate with Division Buyers/Specialists on missing or incorrectly provided information.
Manage large projects or product rollouts as necessary by customers.
On stock orders, manage all division stocking, pricing and product, delivery, carriers, CES pricing requirements. Manage companywide rollouts of into stock products.
Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training and development programs required for the assigned position.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
Related Experience:A minimum of one year prior experience in retail selling; Culinary Equipment & Supplies is preferred. Warehouse experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of restaurant equipment and supply industry including product and product application
- The ability to verbally and in writing communicate to all levels of the organization is necessary.
- The position requires above average personal computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel and Email and the ability to use Intranet and Internet applications.
- Ability to calculate basic math equations including pricing, discounts, mark ups. Ability to deviate bids and problem solving to balance profitability and customer experience across the organization.
- High level of detail orientation is necessary.
- Basic sales techniques over the telephone are necessary.
- High level of problem – solving and decision making is required. Problem solving includes – deviations, expediting shipping, product selection.
- Bilingual skills are preferred; speak fluently in either Spanish or Asian languages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Associate is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Associate must regularly lift items to a height of three to four feet and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift items to a height of three to four feet and/or move items that weigh more than 80 pounds with assistance. The Associate is also required to push/pull items that weigh up to 50 pounds and occasionally push/pull items that weigh up to 80 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Primary Location: Roseville-MN
Schedule: Part-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Retail Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor