US Foods New Business Manager (Boston Territory) in Seabrook, New Hampshire
Responsible for sourcing and developing profitable new business that can be transitioned to a Territory Manager. Pursues highest potential Sales Leads for conversion into a US Foods customer in order to achieve annual sales and profit operating plans. Provides strategic support to Territory Managers by capturing and penetrating high potential growth opportunities and developing market share.
Develop a sound business plan to capture andpenetrate market share within the division’s footprint, focusing on Divisioncustomers with sales potential >$0.5m annually. Responsible for producingnew account revenue in line with current organization and individual targetsand quotas (minimum of $2 million in first year, $4million annually infollowing years), or annual target agreed with Division President and VP Sales.
Utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs),focus on (1) opening highest potential new accounts, (1) sales dollars, and (3)gross profit dollars of all new accounts.
Responsible for sourcing, pursuing, securing anddevelopinghighest potential new businessthat can be transitioned to a Territory Manager (TM) in order to achieve annual sales and profit operating plans; ma intain a pipeline of new, emerginghigh potential clients .
Researchpotential customer requirements, menu design, business size, current suppliers,etc.; analyze current trends within themarket and remain informed of market conditions,product innovations, competitors' products, prices, and sales; shareinformationwith customers,along with new menu ideas and products, as part ofvalue-added services provided.
Work with Category and Segment Specialists tocreate order-guide/pricing for prospective accounts; develop and presentcompelling offering to prospective accounts.
Complete new customer credit application forms;work with Customer Solutions Coordinator, Sales Coordinator and TM to ensure aneffective on-boarding process aswell as tofacilitate a smooth handover of the new account to the TM and Sales Coordinator,including any AR responsibility while in development.
Maintain full understanding of company IT toolsto identify high potential opportunities and update progress; utilize Company-approveddata base for lead generation; communicate with District Sales Managers onfield intelligence and observations.
Selective involvementin the SOS process, only for accounts recently opened by NBM where they areat-risk of churn. Visitcustomers, understand concerns and change offerings, pricing as required;maintain contact with new accounts as required; conduct Customer BusinessReview (CBRs) with critical customers upon request.
Maintain ongoing relationships with keydecision makers;leverage industry contactsto "follow" decision makers as they move
Attend sales meetings,food shows, and vendor, marketing and industry events to network withprospective accounts
Share skills and experience with TMs in at 1 –2 sales meetings/year i.e. how to on-board, do account research, penetration,warming and closing techniques
Otherduties assigned by manager.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/GenderIdentity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- HighSchool diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Related Experience :
- Mustpossess a minimum of 3 years sales experience required
- Minimum3 years of experience opening accounts greater than $0.5m, preferably infoodservice industry
- Exceptional sales and interpersonal skills and provenability to warm, convert, and close high-potential new street accountsrequired.
- Overnighttravel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other companyevents.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required,as well as strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully buildrelationships internally and externally, leveraging relations to achievebusiness goals.
- Able to present in front of large groups of people utilizingcreative presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, results-driven and able to workautonomously; detail-oriented, ability to work under pressure and meet tightdeadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPointis required.
Primary Location: Seabrook-NH
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business Development
Job Level: Individual Contributor