US Foods FSQA Manager in Sidney, Ohio
Under the general guidance of the Corporate FSQA function, this position is responsible for participating in the development of and implementation and coordination of food safety and quality policies and procedures to ensure compliance with various associated regulatory agencies for assigned region. Provides direction to assigned divisions in the areas relating to regulatory compliance.
- Participate in the development and evolution of food safety and quality policies and programs.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and performance review of assigned personnel.
- Manage the internal quality audit function for the assigned site and ensure effectiveness of the corrective and
preventative action process within the framework of the plant's Quality Management System
- Site leader responsibility for on-site product risk assessment and risk management plan
- Attend site leadership meetings to report and drive continuous improvement: sanitation, food safety, quality, and
- Enforce production suspension to ensure food safety and quality continuity
- Ensure regulatory compliance with respect to FSMA, FDA, State and local authorities
- Develop & implement site specific programs for Preventative Controls, GMP’s, SSOPs, allergen control etc. for
- Develop and conduct site specific training programs for employees for assigned locations
- Manage Preventative Controls and SOP validations and verifications.
- Manage to contract 3rd party labs and develop bacteria and quality lab testing as needed
- Perform 3rd party audit preparation and suppliers audits as necessary
- Ensure sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility
- Work with customers and end users directly to understand, reduce and eliminate product returns and complaints
- Manage vendor relationship to ensure food safety and raw materials compliance specification
- Manage labeling compliance with the USDA/FDA regulations
- Manage customer complaint/returns and implement corrective actions
- Ensure complete data collection and trending on relevant programs
- Implement GFSI food safety standards
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
4 years college degree or formal training/certification in Food science/Food safety/Veterinary science required
Minimum 5 years food safety and quality experience required in food service processing or a distribution facility. Food
safety training, sanitation (SSOP & GMP), FDA quality troubleshooting and QA process improving skills also required.
Formal PCQI training/certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required
- Produce industry background/experience with food safety/quality knowledge in a fresh cut produce production
- Experience with a Preventative Controls plan design, measurement, documentation & training required. Formal PCQI
training/ certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to relate and positively influence employees & third parties at all organizational level
Up to 25% walking in a cold environment Up to 50% sitting Up to 75Lb lifting
Primary Location: Sidney-OH
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Quality Assurance
Job Level: Manager