US Foods Quality Control in Sidney, Ohio
Responsible for processes and activities to ensure production demands are achieved while producing safe, quality food.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Each item should account for 10% or more)
- Monitor quality control on food production line, ensures quality specifications are met, and ensures product meets specifications.
- Perform required checks and measurements for specific products being made
- Weigh bags, check temperatures, check product bags for overall quality including leaks, and ensure labels of correct information
- Record quality control metrics on electronic tablet or other recording methods
- Communicate to appropriate management when problems arise
- Perform rework of product as necessary
- Follow all Food Safety requirements and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Perform visual inspection of product to meet certain specification
- Ensure conformance to company standards and customer specifications
- Assist in cleanliness of general work area
- Ability to work days and hours that can change on a regular basis
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Related Experience/Physical Requirements:
The work environment is cool and wet with temperatures ranging from 34 to 38 degrees Fahrenheit. The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job the associate is primarily asked to stand and walk. Light, periodic lifting will be required. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, noisy environment. Some specific jobs within operation may require lifting up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work in a refrigerated warehouse environment
Primary Location: Sidney-OH
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Quality Assurance
Job Level: Individual Contributor