US Foods Supervisor, Production in Sidney, Ohio
Supervise and lead specified work area by providing front-line management of employees. Assess employee performance; provide training, coaching, and discipline of the overall group. Ensures area production targets are achieved per plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train, evaluate and develop team members to be effective contributors; identify and train potential crew leaders
- Provide regular guidance and constant communication with the Production Crew Leader
- Drive timely completion of daily production schedules
- Achieve production line goals for FAQP (Food Safety, Associate Safety, Quality, and Productivity)
- Manage department manpower, overtime, and schedule
- Lead team meetings communicating issues and providing training along with general information
- Actively participate in accident or injury incidents, including near misses, investigations, and resolve any deficiencies
- Process payroll and attendance data
- Work cross functionally with multiple departments, including quality, human resources, and other groups
- Build high performing team through coaching, counselling, and when performance does not meet expectations responsible for corrective action for improvement
- Conduct performance evaluations with leads and other associates
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise change overs
- Works to continuously improve all areas, creates, implements, and maintains a 5S culture
- Establishes and fosters a Safety culture and ensures compliance with safe work practices and GMP requirements. Follows company protocols and escalation process. Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2 Years or production experience required. Prior experience supervising or leading a staff required. Results oriented, strong attention to detail, and strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to prioritize activities in a multi-tasked environment required.
Advanced analytical skills, an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and produce results.
The work environment is cool and wet with temperatures ranging from 34 to 38 degrees Fahrenheit. The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is primarily asked to stand and walk. Light, periodic lifting will be required. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, noisy environment. Some specific jobs within operation may require lifting to 45 pounds.
Primary Location: Sidney-OH
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Night Job
Job Function: Meat/Fish Processing
Job Level: Manager