US Foods Restaurant Marketing Consultant in St. Louis, Missouri
Manages area menu projects from kickoff to completion, including menu engineering, design and print. Consults US Foods Menu customers on their restaurants digital presence, including the website, online ordering and social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary customer relationship manager for the end-to-end menu design and delivery process. Primary point of contact for customers related to their pursuit of improved digital presence and marketing to drive traffic. Key responsibilities include:
- As part of the project kickoff, interviews customer to understand their needs and align upfront on process/timelines expectations.
- Ensures that project requests submitted by customers contain complete information to successfully execute menu design.
- Collaborates with the customer, designers, creative services & 3rd-party partner teams, TM and ROC (Restaurant Operation Consultants) as needed to execute assigned projects as they relate to menu engineering, design, and production.
- Works with customer and design team to ensure projects are completed on schedule and that the resulting deliverable is high quality and meets both USF standards and customer expectations.
- Understands menu engineering best practices and can work with customers to properly engineer their menus at a high level in the pre-design phase (especially for areas with little or no available ROC support for menu design).
- Collect customer feedback for each design engagement and identify overall process inefficiencies, working with the Menu Program Manager to continually improve the overall product and process.
- Work with customers to diagnose gaps/challenges with their digital presence, including but not limited to: website design, social media, email marketing
- Discuss and recommend a digital marketing plan and tools to implement and manage a restaurant’s digital marketing efforts
- Inform customers on key trends/best practices as it relates to consumers of digital marketing from restaurants
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s degree in business, process management, operations marketing, communications or other related field experience.
- 3 years minimum, with 5 years preferred, in previous menu design, restaurant/foodservice, and/or marketing experience preferred. Collaborate across multiple functions. Previous experience with digital marketing campaign execution
- Must be proficient in MS Office, familiarity with MS Project and Visio, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite. Must possess a basic understanding of marketing principles and concepts, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines. Must possess a high degree of organization and communication skills. An understanding of different digital marketing channels, tools, and strategies, specifically pertaining to restaurants. Ability to interpret customer challenges and translate them into tangible action plans. Ability to analyze quantifiable metrics. Knowledge of digital marketing trends and ability to make recommendations, especially pertaining to restaurants and their customers.
Primary Location: St. Louis-MO
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Graphic Design
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time