US Foods Fish Cutter (Save on Seafood location) in St. Petersburg, Florida
Use knife or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of seafood.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have working knowledge of seafood production equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to fillet all types of whole fish in accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to reduce processing costs by cutting and sizing portions accurately with good yields.
- Clean, scrape, trim, fillet, and/or portion fish for future processing.
- Weigh fish and tag containers for weight, contents and customer name.
- Separate fish and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
- Prepare raw materials for further processing.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Perform duties quickly to meet all deadlines imposed.
- Portion cut product to meet customer specs and company yields.
- Prepare special cuts of fish product ordered by customers.
- Maintain cleanliness of cut room, ensure work area is free of debris and abides by company safety policy.
- Follow FDA requirements for the processing and production of Fresh/Frozen seafood.
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:High school education or GED, preferred.Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
Related Experience/Requirements:Must have fish cutting experience, required.Must have the ability to use appropriate knives and tools for cutting fish.Knowledge of various techniques of cutting fish.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be at least 18 years of age.Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.Work independently, be reliable, responsible, and dependable.Demonstrated ability to interact with others.
Capable of handling multiple tasks at once. Demonstrated ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals. Demonstrated commitment to work until job is completed. Customer-service oriented. Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions.
Physical Requirements: The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls. Must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds.
Primary Location: St. Petersburg-FL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Meat/Fish Processing
Job Level: Individual Contributor