US Foods Associate Analyst, Dev Ops in Tempe, Arizona
The DevOps Associate Analyst position provides systems administration for US Food’s IT department in support of all business divisions and IT functions. The position provides hands-on technical design, implementation and support for middleware technologies in a cross platform enterprise environment. Through normal operations, the position interacts with business groups, management, architects and peer technology groups to enable business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Some Experience in Linux/Windows Administration
- Some Experience with Web
- Some Experience with Application Server Administration using Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Some Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef (Manage, Habitat, Inspec) or an equivalent.
- Some Experience with Software build and deployment methodologies using tools like SVN, Git, Maven, ANT, Bamboo and Jenkins
- Some Experience with Unit Testing (Angular, Java or other)
- Ability to learn a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Some Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Assist with the implementation and support of automation and services to facilitate rapid application deployment
- Deploy and support applications in a high volume and high- availability environment.
- Install and configure both standard and new technologies for Continuous Integration and Middleware services
- Offers input in architecture, design and application of industry standards in the implementation of innovative US Foods continuous integration solutions
- Provides technical expertise to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, operating systems, applications and hardware platforms
- Works and communicates effectively with all areas of IT
- Participates in DevOps Teams for DevOps and Support activities.# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- BS degree in an IT related field
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Understanding of Administration through Configuration Management and AutomationKnowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Strong team building, planning and problem solving skills
- Capable of understanding and documenting functional business requirements and communicating same to development team
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of business and IT management
- Ability to negotiate acceptable solutions to complex problems across multiple business and/or technical areas and vendors
- Ability to understand cross-platform technologies and deliver enterprise projects governed by compliance, project and change management methodologies.
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Development / Programming
Job Level: Individual Contributor