US Foods Intern - IT - Business Analysis in Tempe, Arizona
With direct supervision and oversight, the intern position provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career, gain business knowledge and practical application of IT – Business Analysis within the food distribution industry.
TheUS FoodsSummer Internship Programprovides a forum for students to apply classroom skillsand academic trainingin areal worldbusiness environment. In addition to being assignedbusiness-impacting projects throughoutthesummer, students will be matchedwithamanagerwho will meet withthemon a regular basis toprovide direction on assignmentsas well as deliverperformance feedbackand a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performancedevelopmentby delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May - August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance.
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
In addition, no housing allocation will be provided, so local-residing candidates are encouraged to apply.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with business users and gather requirements for technology business applications to address the business needs
- Learn the current business processes and identify areas of opportunity to improve process
- Create requirements documentation that outlines the desired processes and specifications
- Participate in daily and weekly Agile team meetings
- Work with development team to translate requirements into a feasible technical design
- Discover the process of developing wireframe designs by interacting with the user experience lead
- Collaborate with the testing team to ensure the requirements are implemented per the specifications and help troubleshoot issues
- Partake in meetings to plan the deployment of the tools to divisions across the country
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems/Science or related area of study
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
- Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
- Experience with business process optimization and/or gathering business requirements
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Exposure to the Agile methodology
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Office/Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor