US Foods Intern – Legal in Tempe, Arizona
About the US Foods Summer Intern Program
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions; and have an opportunity to deliver an end of summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders. Dependent upon critical business needs and overall performance during the summer, there may be opportunities for students to continue working as a part-time intern during the school year.
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
There is no corporate housing associated with the program, and selected candidates will be responsible for securing lodging for the summer.
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week) during the summer (10-12 weeks); possible future part-time opportunities (16-24 hours per week) during the school year, dependent upon current critical business needs and overall performance.
Interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience by working alongside the US Foods legal team. Interns will assist in several different projects as further outlined below:
- Contract review, including customer and vendor agreements
- Trademark matters
- Employment matters, including non-solicitation/non-disclosure analysis and EEOC claims
- Merchandising agreement review, including marketing policies, and product development and hotel agreements
- Regulatory research on food safety and other legal matters impacting the enterprise
- Credit and Finance matters, including bankruptcy and collection
- Litigation Support, including coordination of employee interviews and assisting with discovery responses
- Business matters, including policy review,legal research,drafting and analysis
- Observation opportunities, including contract negotiations
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Must have completed first year of law school
- Very strong research, writing and communication skills
- A commitment to corporate business legal work
- Students who have studied contracts, business law and torts
- Must pass a background check
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Office/Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor