US Foods Lead Analyst Dev Ops in Tempe, Arizona
The Lead Analyst Dev Ops will be an integral part of the Applications Development team. This position will lead the DevOps Teams and act as the escalation point for DevOps and Support activities.
- Own the definition and delivery of aspect of the DevOps team strategy.
- Lead the DevOps Teams and acts as the escalation point for DevOps and Support activities.
- Lead the implementation and support of automation and services to facilitate rapid application deployment.
- Operate as a team member of projects to deliver application and operation artifacts such as Unit Tests, CloudFormation scripts or documentation.
- Deploy and support applications in a high volume and high-availability environment.
- Install and configure both standard and new technologies for Continuous Integration and Middleware services
- Provide guidance in architecture, design and application of industry standards in the implementation of innovative US Foods continuous integration solutions
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, operating systems, applications and hardware platforms
- Reviews complex enterprise integration architectures for other US Foods IT teams and makes recommendations
- Recommends and implement standards, guidelines and best practices that are used by the Application Development team.
- Works and communicates effectively with all areas of IT.
- Assist or directly mobilize team members to assist with projects.
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, solution architects, and QA testers in an Agile environment.
- Mentor members of the DevOps team.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- BS degree in an IT related field with 5 years in development area is required
- In-Depth Experience with Software build and deployment methodologies using tools like SVN, Git (Bitbucket preferred), Maven, ANT, Bamboo and Archiva
- Strong experience mentoring and leading team members to meet specific deployment timeline, code quality performance indicator and support metrics.
- Strong background in operating as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) preferably with mission critical applications.
- Strong experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Strong Experience with Application Server Administration preferably using Apache Tomcat or Oracle Weblogic.
- Good experience building, deploying and supporting applications in AWS.
- Experience with developing, testing and deploying application using Mulesoft a plus.
- Experience with AWS cost management a plus.
- At least 2 years experience building, testing and deploying application either on-premise or in the cloud.
- At least 1 year experience using building CloudFormation scripts and administrating AWS.
- At least 1 year experience with the Sgile methodology.
- Strong understanding of code and scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, and/or Powershell).
- Good understanding of the MEAN stack.
- Working knowledge of Tandem or Mainframe.
- Strong Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Ability to perform administrative activities on Linux or Windows Server.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team across multiple time zones.
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Development / Programming
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time