US Foods PIM Business/Data Analyst in Tempe, Arizona
The PIM Business Analyst reviews, analyzes, develops and evaluates Product Information business processes and metrics; performs root cause analyses of technical interface issues and process breakdowns to formulate business process improvements; documents existing business processes and performs gap analyses to develop best practices to meet business needs; develops systems and processes to track key performance indicators for individuals, teams and the department; represents US Foods in GS1 initiatives and conferences; and publishes reports of department KPI’s to stakeholders.
* Provides technical and application assistance to PIM Coordinators and Specialists.
* Provides support to the National Sales Team and Division personnel in the form of ad hoc product information report analyses, including support reports to provide customers with transactional data.
* Performs analyses of PIM application and systems interfaces, summarize root cause of issues and recommend business process improvements to address.
* Manages system enhancement requests and reprioritizations determining the best business case scenarios for implementation.
* Reviews and conducts user acceptance testing for deployments associated with PIM application live production changes.
* Performs analyses of I.T. tickets to determine root cause of PIM and FSE application issues and recommend business process improvements to address.
* Reviews and analyzes EPX and FTP log details for productivity and accuracy; performs analysis to determine root cause of interface issues and recommend business processes to address.
* Works as division & vendor trainer, works with department supervisors and senior coordinators (dept trainers) to document best practices and standard operating procedures for the department.
* Works with other functions such as CASIS, PRIME and EDI to develop joint best practices to minimize the number of system and contract issues. Point person on consolidation calls to manage cross functional relationships.
* Develops, analyzes and reviews key performance indicators at the individual, team and department levels.
* Manages GDSN changes that require system updates and works with PIM I.T. support to implement updates
* Responsible for representing US Foods as a founding member of GS1 product information standards and must participate in biweekly and monthly committee groups
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Purchasing and other analytically oriented majo is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in managing a database, i.e. PIM, Access Database, Financial Analytics, etc. is required.
- Creating training materials and holding one on one and/or group training sessions is required
- Project Management Experience is preferred
- PIM and PRISM knowledge is preferredKnowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work with a large volume of data through tools such as MS Excel, intermediate skills required.
- Ability to observe, document and make recommendations on process improvements and execute on recommendations.
- Ability to work with a large volume of data through tools such as MS Access, intermediate skills preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and flexibility to work within an environment of changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; solid relationship building skills for interpersonal communication with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Motivated self-starter that demonstrates positive attitude and business maturity.
- Ability to work at computer for a minimum of 8 hours daily.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must be available to work weekends when needed.
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business/System Analyst
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time